Eurovision

Sooky

48 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Haven't heard that Loreen song for a while. Forgot just how good it is.

My favourite ever song. Loved it. 
Few surprises in this list for me and a few I expected aren’t there. 

Netta I ripped to bits but actually enjoyed seeing her in Gran Canaria last year 

1 minute ago, diamond_for_life said:

My favourite ever song. Loved it. 
Few surprises in this list for me and a few I expected aren’t there. 

Netta I ripped to bits but actually enjoyed seeing her in Gran Canaria last year 

Netta sounds like she's a good laugh.

Clearly the online vote means nothing but I've put my full support behind Verka. What a legend.

5 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

Booooooo predictable shite 

Aye. Brilliant though the song is it should have gone to someone else.

This 2 hour Europe wide zoom party is bound to go well.

15 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

They're showing 30 second clips of all 41 entries so it's better than nothing.

They should have done a zoom/recorded videos Eurovision competition. They aren’t far off it as it is, why not show the whole song and not just a clip and then vote on it as usual?

Edited by Jambomo

2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

They should have done a zoom Eurovision competition. They aren’t far off it as it is, why not show the whole song and not just a clip?

Nah, wouldn't have been the same. Eurovision acts need the stage and the audience for it to work.

Real shame it was cancelled as it was actually a very high quality year, quite a lot of good songs!

Anyway, in my opinion, Italy still shit over the rest.

Enjoyed the Greatest Hits show beforehand but the programme where they showed this year's entrants was terrible. You can't get any idea of how good or bad a song is in thirty seconds. They could have cut out all the tedious "we will get through this together" shite and just shown all 41 songs properly. I wanted a bit of escapism from Coronavirus, not two hours of being bludgeoned over the head with it. Very disappointing.

Enjoyed the Greatest Hits show beforehand but the programme where they showed this year's entrants was terrible. You can't get any idea of how good or bad a song is in thirty seconds. They could have cut out all the tedious "we will get through this together" shite and just shown all 41 songs properly. I wanted a bit of escapism from Coronavirus, not two hours of being bludgeoned over the head with it. Very disappointing.

Exactly this. The BBC don’t have a great history of taking Eurovision seriously, so was very strange to see them actually having a better show than the one the EBU put on.

• 1 month later...

Anyone seen the Eurovision movie on Netflix? Watched it last night and I  have to say it was tremendous. I'm a huge Eurovision fan and if you ignore slight inaccuracies like the semi final voting system for example, it's really enjoyable. A few good Cameos included also. Good way to pass a few hours. 

Just now, shahid khan said:

Anyone seen the Eurovision movie on Netflix? Watched it last night and I  have to say it was tremendous. I'm a huge Eurovision fan and if you ignore slight inaccuracies like the semi final voting system for example, it's really enjoyable. A few good Cameos included also. Good way to pass a few hours. 

It was a bit all over the place, which can expect from a Will Ferrell comedy. If you want to talk about slight inaccuracies, it has to take place in an independent Scotland to make sense :)

Not necessarily, it could be taking place in the UK because the previous year's winners are unable to host it for some reason. I think this is why UK hosted when ABBA won it, for instance.

I enjoyed the film. It could have been a straight up piss take out of the competition but, instead, seemed more like a celebration of Eurovision, for all its good and bad points.

Would definitely recommend it to any Eurovision fans on here. I'm not sure those who don't like the show would enjoy it so much, though.