Eurovision

Sooky

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

If they had any baws they would have waved their wee Palestine ribbons during their performance.

They were the only ones with balls to do anything tbf. Arguably, they should have boycotted the whole thing.

Anyway, did you not see their performance ? Not much room for ribbons.

3 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

They were the only ones with balls to do anything tbf. Arguably, they should have boycotted the whole thing.

I wish the BBC had boycotted the whole thing, it was garbage.

Norway's song was a belter, how did they fair in the public vote overall ? Must've been top 3 surely.

The regional voting is starting to get on my tits, the shouts of 'Greece' from the audience whilst Cyprus was pausing for effect highlight how ridiculous it is - you might expect it from the public vote but not from the 'professional' gadgies. Italy could've won on the back of Malta and San Marino's backing for instance.

The UK should just give it up now.

41 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

IMG_20190519_001246.thumb.jpg.55f8789b084d160d5a6fa37bfbc444f0.jpg

After the facebook data scandal, controversy just seems to follow Mark Zuckerberg around.

The couple hosting at the time looked visibly rattled by that, took a few votes before they regained their composure.

Edited by Ned Nederlander

Could be wrong but feel like they might have won it.

Pretty sure they did. Which I figured was the case right after the hosts helpfully added, before announcing, “Norway, are you ready? Because, you got...”

6 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Madonna did but nobody really noticed

D64kiyzX4AA1Hpd.jpg

Pretty sure they did. Which I figured was the case right after the hosts helpfully added, before announcing, “Norway, are you ready? Because, you got...”

Yeah they did. Deservedly too. I thought it was the best song by quite some way. The difference between the judges scores and the public was huge for quite a few of them. Still don't get the fuss over the Netherlands song though. Seemed distinctly average to me.

Thinking about it, I’m okay with a Netherlands win. I’m still not over the Common Linnets coming second in 2014 so this was just a five year delay in them getting it...

16 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

The Icelandic laddies might have to walk to the airport now

16 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

Will look smart in their Celtic taps on the way.

No, the UK guy will be wearing a Celtic top - goes with being humiliated in Europe

Would have been improved if they had zoomed in on the competitors for all the countries when their respective score was read out... not just the ones near the end. Would have liked to see the German and British reactions. 

Anyone know if the Icelandic contingent have made it home safe yet? 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa