Eurovision

Sooky

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Any tips for a quirky off field winner?

From tonight? Iceland, probably, but difficult to tell. Another 18 acts to come on Thursday along with Spain, France, Germany, Italy, UK and Israel already in the final.

So it's Greece, Belarus, Serbia, Cyprus, Estonia, Czech Republic, Australia, Iceland, San Marino (YAS!) and Slovenia that have qualified for the final.

Slovenia were absolutely horrific, no idea how they made it through.

Edited by The Naitch

Serhat gets better every Eurovision. That beautiful bald man is like a fine wine. Chuffed for San Marino.

I loved Czech Republic also and can see them in a top 5 spot.

Glad San Marino got through. Tremendous entertainment. With the exception of Belgium not getting through, I felt the correct acts progressed from semi final 1. Slovenia’s song was nice I thought however it was a poor performance and could’ve done with more than they 2 just standing awkwardly with the guy randomly playing his guitar then keyboard. 

Roll on Thursday. 

First time in years (as last year was a bit disappointing) that I've not heard any songs prior to the semi finals, from the clips shown the better songs seem to be in the 2nd semi final. Wasn't overly impressed with anyone in the first semi, obviously Australia have spent a load of money, song is just a disney number with a bit of added Kate Bush warbling, Czech rep was ok, Iceland was decent, but apart form that all a bit samey safe stuff - hoping for better tomorrow

Normally I'd request support for the Dutch entry, but I've made the mistake of promising my girlfriend we'll get tickets for next years final if it's held in the Netherlands. Considering I will be out of pocket a fair few quid at least, go.... pretty much everyone other than Duncan Laurence.

Good song though, odds at the bookies have fallen over the past two days so it's gonna be up there.

Edited by DutchBorderer

6 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

My picks from that lot...

Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Croatia, Netherlands, Moldova, Armenia, Romania, Lithuania and Azerbaijan.

You're not helping my betting strategy much. 

Netherlands reminds me of Belgium a couple years ago. Big bookies favourite, but a bit shit and incredibly dull when you actually see it performed on stage. Don’t think it was helped by coming immediately after Norway, which I loved.

Netherlands reminds me of Belgium a couple years ago. Big bookies favourite, but a bit shit and incredibly dull when you actually see it performed on stage. Don’t think it was helped by coming immediately after Norway, which I loved.

Last night was the first I’d heard The Netherlands’ song and couldn’t believe the hype it was getting. Mid table mediocrity for them, I think.

Just saw the running order for tomorrow night. The U.K. are 16th which isn’t bad but we’re on after Norway and Iceland are after us so might be easily forgotten sandwiched between those two.

4 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Just saw the running order for tomorrow night. The U.K. are 16th which isn’t bad but we’re on after Norway and Iceland are after us so might be easily forgotten sandwiched between those two.

At least the UK won't be propping up the table this year; think Germany's nailed on for last place by a country mile.

Have to say the presenters as a group are better this year than that Portuguese lot, but f**k me if the guy with the glasses isn't annoying.

Do we have a favourite for tonight? In terms of a good tune, it’s Czech Republic. In terms of Eurovision, I’m San Marino all the way.

Do we have a favourite for tonight? In terms of a good tune, it’s Czech Republic. In terms of Eurovision, I’m San Marino all the way.

I really like Norway so I hope they do well.

Czech Republic and San Marino are amongst my favourites too.

I really like Norway so I hope they do well.

Czech Republic and San Marino are amongst my favourites too.

I do like Norway. Think they have a good chance. Their odds have shortened quite a lot over the past couple weeks. Switzerland also seem to be sneaking up the odds.