Eurovision

Sooky

Had Australia EW and Russia outright, they've went from 14/1 to 7/2 and 6/4 to 4/6 respectively, pretty happy with that.

Watching their semi final performances, Australia is way better imo but hoping the bookies are right with their current top two. The Russian Giroud lookalike blatantly copying the boy from last year with all the holograms and that.

Just over three hours until the greatest show on Earth.

Particularly important this year as if we do shite, Brexit will become more likely...

Really looking forward to this tonight. Watched the 2 semi finals and had a listen to all the songs again using the Eurovision app today and feel that Russia are quite rightly favourites as they have by far the strongest song even though they have completely ripped off the animation and stage play used by Sweden last year. Russia are desperate to win this and I think they will this year.

Ukraine is a strange one for me. Heard it for the first time on Thursday and hated it! Listened to it again this morning and disliked it. Listened again a few hours ago and it's meh. It's a grower as they say.

A few bizarre songs to have made it through from the semis like Georgia, Poland and Austria with stronger songs missing out like Belarus, Slovenia and Norway. That's Eurovision though.

Got The Netherlands each way which is my favourite song from This year but with him third up won't do Bob any favours. Also got Armenia at 25 and Lithuania at 100 each way.

Some good catchy pop songs this year with Bulgaria and Belgium, both won't win but good Eurovision songs none the less.

From the 6 that get a bye to the final, France is the better of the group followed by Sweden.

Think the new voting system will keep things interesting right till the end of voting. Russia to win followed by Ukraine and France.

Richard Osman of Pointless fame reading out the UK voting results. Roll on 8PM tonight.

Russia have chucked everything at this but really hope they don't win.

Less than two hours to go and I am buzzing.

It's their only real chance at international success at the moment, given they are likely to be banned from the Olympics!

Was thinking of sticking money on Germany finishing last a while ago. Probably should have done it, as it's far more likely now going by the current odds.

Lithuania at 100/1 each way is easy money. Great position on the card and surely a top 4 finish. Public vote will see Donny rise high.

I predict:

Australia

Russia

Lithuania

Ukraine

I want:

Lithuania

Netherlands

Russia

Israel

Lithuania is 200/1 on SkyBet. 

Just printed scorecards from the BBC website. Looking forward to it. 

I have to admit that I'm very much a part-time Eurovision enthusiast; I always watch the final, but that's as far as it goes. I haven't even heard the UK's entry yet, so going in completely blind! 

They normally leave an hour for it but this year voting results have changed and I assume will mean it's longer. My guess would be around 10pm when the results start

Thanks David. My friend was convinced it was 11, despite the new result setup.

Just printed scorecards from the BBC website. Looking forward to it.

I have to admit that I'm very much a part-time Eurovision enthusiast; I always watch the final, but that's as far as it goes. I haven't even heard the UK's entry yet, so going in completely blind!

There is something sensible about that, but on the other hand you miss some absolutely amazing shite that doesn't make it through the semis.

There is something sensible about that, but on the other hand you miss some absolutely amazing shite that doesn't make it through the semis.

Exactly. One of the best parts of watching the semi-finals.