Golden Boot

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a dead heat normally results in the odds being halved (assuming its two participants that are tied) it's not something that's ever happened to me though.

Dead Heat Rules affect the stake, not the odds so it's half the stake if 2 are tied and a third of the stake if 3 are tied and so on.

The last World Cup was an absolute nightmare for this as Forlan, Villa, Muller and Sneijder all finished top with 5 goals each.

You'd have to fancy Messi and Ronaldo, since they both take free kicks and penalties. However, I fancy Torres, as I think Spain will reach the last 4 and he took a penalty (and scored) the other night against Bolivia. Diego Costa will most likely not be fit for the WC. Hamstring injuries are notoriously long healers.

Torres is a good shout, Australia are calling up uncapped players from the 3rd tier in England, qualified very poorly and will possibly concede double figures. Hollands defence looks poor too.

For starters Torres is only there for backup if Costa gets injured (there is a fair chance that might happen right enough) even so he won't be top goalscorer and the Aussie's won't ship 10 goals to anyone, granted they are sh*t but not that sh*t!

Yer on acid pal!

You'd have to fancy Messi and Ronaldo, since they both take free kicks and penalties. However, I fancy Torres, as I think Spain will reach the last 4 and he took a penalty (and scored) the other night against Bolivia. Diego Costa will most likely not be fit for the WC. Hamstring injuries are notoriously long healers.

I predicted Costa pre Champion's League but now after seeing him aggravate his hammy again, I can't see it holding out!

Messi for me now.

I put a fiver on Messi to be top scorer, Germany to win the tournament at 66/1 earlier today.

Argentina should rack up a few goals in their group matches then most likely play Switzerland in the last 16. Was contemplating back Aguero or Higuain at longer odds, but as others have said, Messi is very much the focal point of their attack.

Gotze for me. He's playing as a false nine and iirc Germans have won the last 3 golden boots.

Muller in SA and Klose on both of the previous world cups.

Can't imagine Klose will start many games. Podolski could be worth a shout at 66/1?

• 3 weeks later...

Fred has been out injured for ages, but Scolari had indicated he'll be in the squad and he's 33/1. Neymar must be in with a shout too and he's 12/1. I stuck a fiver on each of them, each way (top 4 places).

So, how are your picks/bets doing?

I'm happy enough with Neymar, but Fred has been shite. Benzema should be in pole position; he was unlucky yesterday with a saved penalty and a goal ruled out because the full-time whistle went as he hit the ball. I would have been pretty raging if i'd backed him. Muller, Van Persie and Robben all looking good too.

Torres is a good shout, Australia are calling up uncapped players from the 3rd tier in England, qualified very poorly and will possibly concede double figures. Hollands defence looks poor too.

Your crystal ball is fucked. Take it back to the shop and get your money back. Slap the c**t behind the counter for good measure.

Archived