Golden Boot

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Fred has been out injured for ages, but Scolari had indicated he'll be in the squad and he's 33/1. Neymar must be in with a shout too and he's 12/1. I stuck a fiver on each of them, each way (top 4 places).

I've taken Alexis Sanchez at 70/1 - Chile play Australia in the first couple of days so there could be decent back-to-lay value. I also think they have a good chance of progressing so purely playing more matches increases his chances.

Four goals is probably the target for an each-way placing so you'd think Neymar would manage that in 5 or more games. Decent for 12/1.

Beware the rested or suspended striker for the big teams.

• 2 weeks later...

I went for Fred. Brazils first choice striker on home turf. They should be reaching at least the semis and score goals on the way.

There's always a couple of outsiders who do well.

Would love to see Torres grab it for a 3rd Tournament in a row iirc.

Would love to see Torres grab it for a 3rd Tournament in a row iirc.

p

He won it in 2012 due his last minute assist to Mata. I don't recall him winning it at any other tournament, Muller certainly won it at the 2010 World Cup.

p

He won it in 2012 due his last minute assist to Mata. I don't recall him winning it at any other tournament, Muller certainly won it at the 2010 World Cup.

Think your right mate.

Ok I wouldn't mind seeing Torres to finish with the golden boot for the 2nd Tournament in a row ;) .

Anyway I have £££ on Fred Flinstone, better not let me down.

If Argentina play anywhere close to as well as they should, Messi might wrap it up by the end of the first knockout round.

If they don't, I hope it's Big Tam. Everyone loves Tommy Muller. Absolute hero.

If Argentina play anywhere close to as well as they should, Messi might wrap it up by the end of the first knockout round.

If they don't, I hope it's Big Tam. Everyone loves Tommy Muller. Absolute hero.

How do Argentina tend to play their forwards? Is Messi played in a position where he's expected to be the main scorer or more of a chance creator for Aguero/Higuain playing in behind them?

I've taken Alexis Sanchez at 70/1 - Chile play Australia in the first couple of days so there could be decent back-to-lay value. I also think they have a good chance of progressing so purely playing more matches increases his chances.

Four goals is probably the target for an each-way placing so you'd think Neymar would manage that in 5 or more games. Decent for 12/1.

Beware the rested or suspended striker for the big teams.

Australia must have a good chance of being whipping boys. Who are the other really shite teams?

How do Argentina tend to play their forwards? Is Messi played in a position where he's expected to be the main scorer or more of a chance creator for Aguero/Higuain playing in behind them?

From the limited amount I've seen they tend to play 4-3-3 with Gago and Mascherano behind Di Maria and then those 3 up top being interchangeable. Messi's the focal point and main man though, understandably.

Archived