Abolishing Corroboration in Scots Law

Al666

Do you just look for arguments in every thread you comment on?

No. I look to tell people who accuse people's motives for criticising a fucking terrible change in the law of being party-political when it was a cross-party dissent that they are cretins.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You didn't answer my question, do you support a party, if so which one?

Actually I believe that all the main parties are self seeking scum, and which party do you support.

No. I look to tell people who accuse people's motives for criticising a fucking terrible change in the law of being party-political when it was a cross-party dissent that they are cretins.

Lol wut? I've not accused the OP of such a thing

Anyways, since you're clearly desperate to get into a argument. I'll let you know now I'm really not interested. You'll need to find someone else

You didn't answer my question, do you support a party, if so which one?

Actually I believe that all the main parties are self seeking scum, and which party do you support.

I don't support any party.

The main parties? Can I assume this means you support a minority party such as Greens, UKIP, BNP etc?

I've never voted SNP.

I'm not comfortable with abolishing corroboration although I do appreciate that some mechanism has to be found that allows rape victims to get their day in court.

I will be voting YES as I don't think there will be a SNP party after 2026.

No has to take some responsibility for this decision as their abandonment of care towards those that need it most over the last 3 decades has allowed a former minority party to take majority control of our parliament.

Lol wut? I've not accused the OP of such a thing

Anyways, since you're clearly desperate to get into a argument. I'll let you know now I'm really not interested. You'll need to find someone else

"Dare i ask what party you support?"

Mhm.

Abolishing corroboration is a RIDICULOUS policy. A total abomination.

Alas, it's nothing to do with independence(unless the SNP are using it a way to appeal to the women's vote?)

I can't see how it would win votes from more than the tiniest minority of our population.

It's significant that Christine Grahame has come out and criticised the SNP for this. SInce 2007 the SNP have had near-iron party discipline and she is a significant figure in the party. You have to wonder if some of the top brass (Salmond and Sturgeon) didn't appreciate MacAskills speech.

Kenny McAskill is a complete and utter buffoon.

I am quite surprised he didn't lose his seat.

I'm surprised that so many politicians can find their seat.

I think it's fair to say MacAskil has been the weakest link of the SNP top team - the legal aid changes, the football act, police station closures, sheriff court closures and now this. Thankfully (or him) people people tend not to get up in arms about poor Lawyers and some of the other headline policies - more cops, Police scotland seem to have been pretty popular.

There's an irony in a scottish nationalist government seeking to do away a distinct characteristic of the Scottish legal system. I'm not sure where i stand on it - you can understand the argument in terms of crimes that are hard to prove with corroboration - i think specifically sex crimes are quite high up here. then again, I;m not sure if Scotland has a signifcantly lower conviction rate than legal systems without. If we do, then it's certainly something to look at.

You are a clown.

it sums up why MacAskill is "gettig away with it" so to speak - poor lawyers and accused people aren;t quite as media friendly as folk getting evicted over the bedroom tax.

it sums up why MacAskill is "gettig away with it" so to speak - poor lawyers and accused people aren;t quite as media friendly as folk getting evicted over the bedroom tax.

I don't mind people agreeing with this policy, I'll just not agree with halfwits who come out with pish like that poster produced.

I don't mind people agreeing with this policy, I'll just not agree with halfwits who come out with pish like that poster produced.

Yeah absolutely - I;m just saying that mindset is common, and it expalins why MacAskill has got a fairly easy ride outside of the chattering classes.

Yeah absolutely - I;m just saying that mindset is common, and it expalins why MacAskill has got a fairly easy ride outside of the chattering classes.

You probably correct, I think the Independence debate just swamps all the other stuff coming from Holyrood at the moment, the SNP could bring back slavery and most people wouldn't notice.

Archived