C'mon England

heedthebaa

Judging by the way you go on in the 3rd division forum, you seem exactly the type of person I'd expect not only not to 'support' England, but to basically live for their inevitable failure. Whether or not you are - people like that are to me completely pathetic. If Scotland were to get to the World Cup I'd be quite chuffed. I'd definitely not be absolutely raging at the thought of Scotland doing well, or brand the whole of Scotland idiots because Pat Nevin wrote a newspaper saying he thinks you could outperform expectations.

If the English press and some of the English fans weren't so deluded then I wouldn't be like that, but unfortunately they are. Plus some of the English take the piss out of us for not qualifying, so them fucking it up in a penalty shootout in the quarter final is out way of getting back at them.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have the media plotted England's course to the final yet.

Mozza, the opposite is the case. This has been the lowest-key build up to a major tournament (involving England) that I have known since I came to Yooni here in 1981.

I said as much to I bloke I work with who is a dyed-in-the-wool Hammer and England fan and I asked him why it's been so quiet and understated. His reply? "Because we're shit, mate".

He is right.

England and Scotland have their fair share of tools when it comes to the alleged rivalry between us. From the time I spent in Manchester there's people, generally those who are absolute wasters, with a hatred of all things Scottish and unsurprisingly they haven't a clue why. However, you get the exact same up in Scotland.

Judging by the way you go on in the 3rd division forum, you seem exactly the type of person I'd expect not only not to 'support' England, but to basically live for their inevitable failure. Whether or not you are - people like that are to me completely pathetic. If Scotland were to get to the World Cup I'd be quite chuffed. I'd definitely not be absolutely raging at the thought of Scotland doing well, or brand the whole of Scotland idiots because Pat Nevin wrote a newspaper saying he thinks you could outperform expectations.

The sad reality of people like that is they're incapable of developing and holding their own views, and because they're that fucking thick they can't do so, they use other people's. Sadly, being that thick usually means you hang around the other dregs and they pick up their views, meaning they'll vote yes to independence based on the fact that Bravehart's a good movie and there'll be mair coin aboot the place ciz there'll be hunnaz of oil for us, ken?

? Eh.

What is it, exactly, with the feckin Braveheart references? Is it 'cos you're so thick that you can't understand a vote for a democratic, optimistic, outward looking nation has nothing to do with a F ucking FILM from the 1990's??

I'm supporting England because they're my neighbours, my partner is English, my daughter was born in England but I am Scottish and I'm voting Yes.

Anyhoo. Indepenence forum for this pish.

England and Scotland have their fair share of tools when it comes to the alleged rivalry between us. From the time I spent in Manchester there's people, generally those who are absolute wasters, with a hatred of all things Scottish and unsurprisingly they haven't a clue why. However, you get the exact same up in Scotland.

The sad reality of people like that is they're incapable of developing and holding their own views, and because they're that fucking thick they can't do so, they use other people's. Sadly, being that thick usually means you hang around the other dregs and they pick up their views, meaning they'll vote yes to independence based on the fact that Bravehart's a good movie and there'll be mair coin aboot the place ciz there'll be hunnaz of oil for us, ken?

This was a sensible post until the last sentence, when it appears the mask slipped and you transformed into David Cameron.

longshanks.gif

Was a good post up until your last paragraph, there are plenty of reasons I'll be voting YES and Braveheart isn't one of them, you can GTF if that's what you are tarring all YES voters as.

As for England, I've said elsewhere I think they have a pretty good team and could do well. Hope they don't though, as they are our rivals and it's funny as f**k watching the media all greeting.

Was a good post up until your last paragraph, there are plenty of reasons I'll be voting YES and Braveheart isn't one of them, you can GTF if that's what you are tarring all YES voters as.

As for England, I've said elsewhere I think they have a pretty good team and could do well. Hope they don't though, as they are our rivals and it's funny as f**k watching the media all greeting.

Can't believe how many nerves that touched. Tongue in cheek, think a few of you could do with a zantac!

A wee story, a friend of mine who also lives in Scotland but originates from Middleborough was away down visiting family with his wife. She Wanted to see the Scotland game which was on at the time, but was unsure about going to the club to watch it. To her amazement she went and couldn't understand why everyone in the club was supporting Scotland

You see that's how we rock us English. You spiteful twisted fuckers should try it, too much hatred in this bigoted, racist, xenophobic country. Shameful way of going on

FWIW, I don't hate the English. I actually quite like them (with the same exceptions as with the Scottish), but what has pissed me off over the years (many years) is the same as has pissed everyone else off. The Media. Their ignorance and arrogance.The mixing up of Britain and England for example. The lack of understanding that in sport we are adversaries. They wouldn't like their sports coverage to concentrate on the exploits of the French. I won't go on, it's understood.

Anyway, they won't get out of the group.

I do hope they beat Italy though. :)

Can't say I go out of my way to hate England. I just want to see some good football. I can't help but laugh when they get beat though. For as long as I can remember, England have been touted as hot shit and always in with a chance of winning the World Cup or the Euros.. Not seen any evidence of that ever.

Sqaud announced the moro, who will be on the plane?

Read this morning that Mark Hughes is raging that Ryan Shawcross isn't in with a chance of going :lol:

I rate Shawcross very highly. Would be a rock at a top 4 side IMO.

I'll never understand how stupid you must be to get annoyed at English commentators, praising English players to an English majority audience.

You do know in other countries their media also heavily covers their own team??

I'll never understand how stupid you must be to get annoyed at English commentators, praising English players to an English majority audience.

You do know in other countries their media also heavily covers their own team??

Their is a difference between praising your players and your team and being arrogant arseholes, though.

ETA: The fact we are also forced to watch the 'British' coverage of it as part of this incredible Union we are currently in doesnt help...

I wish we werent so shite, would be good to see what sort of coverage the beeb and ITV would give ourselves if we qualified.

Their is a difference between praising your players and your team and being arrogant arseholes, though.

ETA: The fact we are also forced to watch the 'British' coverage of it as part of this incredible Union we are currently in doesnt help...

I wish we werent so shite, would be good to see what sort of coverage the beeb and ITV would give ourselves if we qualified.

Yes, arrogant arseholes going by your warped judgment... I think you'd find all commentators commentating on their nation to be an arrogant arsehole.

You're forced to watch f**k all. The majority of people watching the BBC are English it would be moronic, nonsensical and just illogical if they didn't cover England so much. They'd give you as much coverage as the audience would demand. Not a lot.

The most stupid/sad/pathetice/cringe on this thread is not Scots supporting England, or ABE, it's the pish you all throw at each other.

If a Scot (as I do) chooses to support England, so what.

If a Scot (as I did) chooses to support ABE, so what.

Get over yourselves. you stupid, sad pathetic little people.

I'm cringing for you all.

Yes, arrogant arseholes going by your warped judgment... I think you'd find all commentators commentating on their nation to be an arrogant arsehole.

You're forced to watch f**k all. The majority of people watching the BBC are English it would be moronic, nonsensical and just illogical if they didn't cover England so much. They'd give you as much coverage as the audience would demand. Not a lot.

Nah, its more of a general concensus which is why people have a dislike for the English over the continent. And I have never ever heard any Scottish commentator being an arrogant arsehole when watching us.

I know they are the majority, but because 55 million of the 65 million BBC viewers are English they should get more coverage than what the other countries get? If we are all part of this United Kingdom surely it should be shared out no? Living in Scotland surely the BBC would have to provide us with as much coverage as possible like they do with England? Why should we get less because we are a smaller country? I know it happens in everything else, ya know Scots/Welsh and Norn Irn getting shafted by England because we are the minority, but still if we were to qualify id want exactly the same amount of TV coverage as the English.

Hope yous get fucking pumped! :thumsup2

Nah, its more of a general concensus which is why people have a dislike for the English over the continent. And I have never ever heard any Scottish commentator being an arrogant arsehole when watching us.

I know they are the majority, but because 55 million of the 65 million BBC viewers are English they should get more coverage than what the other countries get? If we are all part of this United Kingdom surely it should be shared out no? Living in Scotland surely the BBC would have to provide us with as much coverage as possible like they do with England? Why should we get less because we are a smaller country? I know it happens in everything else, ya know Scots/Welsh and Norn Irn getting shafted by England because we are the minority, but still if we were to qualify id want exactly the same amount of TV coverage as the English.

Hope yous get fucking pumped! :thumsup2

Do you live in the real world?

Archived