Gold Rush - TV show

~~~

Just watched the Parker solo episode, I'm not an emotional guy but I really felt it when he weighed the 1020ounces infront of his grandad. Really glad to see Parker do so well. Surely he will go on and so better next year with that pay streak? Gutted Hoffman is on next year I frickin hate him.

Yeah, earlier reports that he was off the show seem to be wrong. Disappointing to say the least.

More Tony Beets, less Todd Hoffman please.

Well that was quite an episode. Old John Schnabel - the way they were playing the sad music all the time and showing his early life made me sure he was dead. But at the end, nothing came up to say if he'd died of cancer.

Thought the same but seems he's still alive and kicking. Some man at 93 with cancer and still driving up to the mine and going into work. Really enjoyed the episode as something a bit different and a special that's not got the Hoffman's in it

• 2 months later...

Aye. I watched the last season aswell, decent stuff. Yukon gold was another good one, just finished season 2 i think. Ice cold gold was the best one though, 7 or 8 guys staying in greenland for a couple of months, they didnt get any gold but found a load of rubies.

Its fair to say im hooked on these prospecting type shows.

• 2 months later...

Loving the new series.

Todd Hoffman actually doing physical work, and breaking in to a sweat. Have to admit I was happy when they got their gold yesterday. No Dakota Fred or his son, but we have...Tony Beets dismantling a giant dredge that was built in the 30s. Line of the night for me yesterday as Tony sends his son up the gantry to knock out the bolts:

"I'll send one of my kids. If he dies I know he won't sue me."

Class. Act.

And Parker is turning in to Todd Hoffman with his latest "turn it all up to eleven" schtick guaranteed to knacker machinery.

Edited by scottsdad

Loving the new series.

Todd Hoffman actually doing physical work, and breaking in to a sweat. Have to admit I was happy when they got their gold yesterday. No Dakota Fred or his son, but we have...Tony Beets dismantling a giant dredge that was built in the 30s. Line of the night for me yesterday as Tony sends his son up the gantry to knock out the bolts:

"I'll send one of my kids. If he dies I know he won't sue me."

Class. Act.

And Parker is turning in to Todd Hoffman with his latest "turn it all up to eleven" schtick guaranteed to knacker machinery.

Aye , I knew Parker was going to f**k it up when he started running at full pelt he,s beginning to make the Hoffmans look good.

• 8 months later...

Episode 1 was the business. As soon as I heard "Parker has me in a non-compete", I was buzzing. Quite right - go and shaft him right back.

That said, I was a bit disappointed in one respect. Parker's whole arc for the second half of last season was about buying his own ground. 2 of his mates can't make it and he shrugs his shoulders and says "Oh well. Back to Tony." Really, there are bound to have been other places he could have gone.

• 4 months later...

Real shame. I remember about 2 years ago they did a whole episode on old John Schnabel. He was riddled with cancer back then, and I fully expected the episode to end with a black screen saying he'd passed away. But he didn't, and to be blunt his trips to see Parker have always been a highlight for me. Will be a real shame that he won;t be on next year's show. 

Parker Schnabels Grandad passed away.

Ah now thats a real shame. You always knew this day would happen soon given his health. He seemed like a top bloke and the type of Grandpa that we'd all love to have. Imagine growing up and being allowed to piss about on a gold mine, driving massive trucks, diggers etc.

• 5 years later...

Still watching this, and it has sprouted a couple of spin-off series. Dave Turin's Lost Mine, Freddy Dodge's Mine rescue.

This week's episode of Lost Mine was tough watching. One of the miners, Jessie, is working away one day, drops dead at the mine the next. 

• 2 weeks later...