Dave King what is he about?

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on topic. Dave King has just released a lengthy statement to the press. Apparently pretty hot stuff full of controversial soundbites, criticising the board and suggesting that Charles Green may still be in control.

Also some really ridiculous musings such as ''The Rangers' fans are loyal but they are not stupid''. How can anyone believe this guy has any credibility. :lol:

Back on topic. Dave King has just released a lengthy statement to the press. Apparently pretty hot stuff full of controversial soundbites, criticising the board and suggesting that Charles Green may still be in control.

Also some really ridiculous musings such as ''The Rangers' fans are loyal but they are not stupid''. How can anyone believe this guy has any credibility. :lol:

SOME aren't......

most ARE.... ;)

Its just politics trying to influence supporters to get on board his magic bus.

Nothing different from the scaremongering we read and hear everyday over Independence.

That's why there is a need for valid information and clarity on both sides.

The ''blind faith'' comment stood out for me referring to the current board, but then it could also apply to the trust fund that will be set up for season ticket money.

There's always been a need for clarity, but never a desire for it from the fans, as long as they were winning on the pitch.

When things got a wee bit sticky (!) for the old club, the BBC attempted to offer some clarity of the first vulture to come circling round the dying carcass. Remind me, how desperate were the Horde for information and clarity then?

How desperate are they now for clarity, when nobody on one side appears to know where tens of millions have disappeared to, and on the other side you have a man who claims to have lost 20 million in the old club, but has completely forgotten getting 18 million or so of that back?

Here's some information and clarity for you - since rangers died, the fans of the old club have been identified, by every shyster and crook that has come along, as a cash cow that will just keep on giving as long as they're told they arra peepul. If the people who validate themselves by claiming allegiance to this mob weren't such arrogant wankers, one could almost feel sorry for them.

Oh, and one more thought - if the whole shooting match, from boardroom to armchair fan, gave half as much of a fúck about their own side as they do about their former rivals across the city, they probably wouldn't be in the shite they are now. Obsession over titles, be it a big total or a smaller number in a row, is going to be a major contributory factor to the new club following the old.

There's always been a need for clarity, but never a desire for it from the fans, as long as they were winning on the pitch.

When things got a wee bit sticky (!) for the old club, the BBC attempted to offer some clarity of the first vulture to come circling round the dying carcass. Remind me, how desperate were the Horde for information and clarity then?

How desperate are they now for clarity, when nobody on one side appears to know where tens of millions have disappeared to, and on the other side you have a man who claims to have lost 20 million in the old club, but has completely forgotten getting 18 million or so of that back?

Here's some information and clarity for you - since rangers died, the fans of the old club have been identified, by every shyster and crook that has come along, as a cash cow that will just keep on giving as long as they're told they arra peepul. If the people who validate themselves by claiming allegiance to this mob weren't such arrogant wankers, one could almost feel sorry for them.

Oh, and one more thought - if the whole shooting match, from boardroom to armchair fan, gave half as much of a fúck about their own side as they do about their former rivals across the city, they probably wouldn't be in the shite they are now. Obsession over titles, be it a big total or a smaller number in a row, is going to be a major contributory factor to the new club following the old.

SO F*CKEM !!!

Jesus wept.

This just sums up how thick some of The Rangers fans are.

Seven million quid to win the fourth tier of Scottish senior football? I'd be feeling pretty well reamed as well.

The way to force change is buy up the shares! Listening to all these big talkers is getting nowhere.

How many shares do these "requisitioners" actually hold?

Are they all hoping for Admin2 and then ride to the rescue?

The way to force change is buy up the shares! Listening to all these big talkers is getting nowhere.

How many shares do these "requisitioners" actually hold?

Are they all hoping for Admin2 and then ride to the rescue?

King is forcing the club into or close to insolvency so he can go for an aggressive takeover on the cheap IMO.

King is forcing the club into or close to insolvency so he can go for an aggressive takeover on the cheap IMO.

Looks that way !

Also all these "Rangers Men" coming out of the woodwork saying they would give free loans !!

I was always led to believe that there is no such thing as a "free lunch"!!

Talk doesn't destabalise anything.

Lack of clarity, lack of compliance, lack of clarity, lack of leadership, lack of honesty and lack of credibility destabalise companies.

I can talk about Tesco going into liquidation on every forum I want.....when they post accurate reports and figures in timeous and proper manner it makes my "talk" irrelevant.

With all due respect you are not a supposedly well respected journalist hanging on every word of a bigoted misinformed blogger who cannot decide what his own name is, nobody is going to pay much attention to you, whereas many are desperate for Alex`s 'questions' to be true and may well take notice, it is looking increasingly like his credibility is going to be further eroded, you think he would have learned after his previous embarrassing predictions, it is also apparent that nobody that really mattered took him seriously at all.

You do understand that, before publishing, most journalists seek more than ONE varifiable source ? I'm not siding with or against Thomson here by the way. What I, PERSONALLY think is that the continuous probing and asking of pertinent questions is indeed the role of people like Thomson, McGlauchlan and all their ilk. It was the complete LACK of this type of inscessant questioning, by both the fans and the MSM that allowed Murray the time and space to run your former club onto the rocks in the first place.

That this type of accquiesent behaviour can still be seen happening is like blood in the water for sharks, it's simply ALWAYS going to attract smart mouthed opportunists as well as Glib and Shameless Liars who recognise how to milk the cow.

I honestly think Wallace - IF he is looking to downsize (and by that I mean not outspending through excessive debts and "loans") the club for LONG TERM future is doing the right thing. If the asessment is that this will lead to the fanbase diminishing due to lack of immediate success or the prevention of the other half breaking some record would that be such a bad thing ?

Success is great, a genuine joy when it comes, Triumphalism is ugly and a tool for the mendacious. By losing those type of people ANY club will benefit in the long run.

Alex Thomson is acting as Phil Whites mouthpiece, if people are ok with that then fair enough.

But i'd rather that he actually done some snooping himself, rather than regurgitating the wannabe journo's ramblings...

Another one that believed these were 'questions', don't be so bloody naive, whatever source the bigot Phil has, he is being fed nonsense, the man is being played and Alex fell for it, hook and line.

Wallace has zero interest in the future, he is a patsy on a string doing his masters bidding, lying daily to the fans and silencing any that dare question things, the loan situation has well and truly busted his coupon, he is exposed and his position untenable.

King is what he is but the man has ploughed far more (and lost) into this club than any of the spivs or investors currently pretending to look out for the clubs best interests, he would never accept for one second a board remunerating themselves anywhere near what the current bunch of crooks do.

Calm down Tedi :lol: I understand your, frequent. outpourings of hate for the bloke of many names. It is, well...... transparent.

Also transparent is that you appear to be in the King Camp and therefore espouse the 'Spend Now And Spend Big to stop Them' philosophy he so eloquently portrayed. Great stuff for the media don't you think ? I wonder WHO'S money will be used this time ?

Your "King is what he is... " comment intrigues me.... do I read it wrong when I say you therefore don't care that his track record is as bad as any of the line of hungry spivs that have helped themselves to the spoils on offer because he was around in the high spending era and has loads of dosh to ...."get us 'BACK' where we belong" ?

You Tart Tedi ;)

I do not 'hate' anyone in life, that word is used all too often in a disproportionate way, I think he is a strange individual whose life seems consumed with one particular pursuit, Rangers are for him simply an easy target in that pursuit.

King has also made it clear that the club needs to be ran sustainably within its means, the truth is that he realises that there is no reason why we should not be able to compete with Celtic, the clubs are of a similar size and the fan numbers are comparable, stopping Celtic winning 10 in a row, is a modest target, in realistic terms it means winning just 1 title in the next 7 years, the money used will come from the club`s income that includes fans money, they pay to watch football matches and they watch football matches, they pay to buy a football top, they get a football top, free choice, that is how it works.

Yes I am aware of King`s background, he is not an angel, but there is no doubting his bluenose credentials, there is no doubting that he has been willing to invest his own money (and lose) to a far greater degree than any of the current spivs in charge.

On a model which was proved to be unsustainable even with regular European football? Have a word with yourself, Tedi. It's natural that you want to see a return ( ;)) to the Good Old Days, but the new club is absolutely potless, and are relying on hand-outs to keep the lights on.

Your old club's former partners have a playing squad which, while a long way from being a realistic European force, if sold tomorrow, would raise more than your entire organisation's value. Your lot have McCullough and Daly. Oh, and Mohsni.

I really wouldn't keep clinging to that comfort blanket of King's previous willingness to "invest" - that you're falling for that line after the events of the last two years suggests that you and the rest of the Horde are going to get exactly what you deserve.

D'ye reckon they'll be five-star, all-seater pavements?

Archived