Dave King what is he about?

Now I will come out straight away and say I am not a fan of Rangers, but I am feeling real sorry "the fans" being led by the nose by Dave King.

I do not get where he is coming from. As an ex director, he has to shoulder some of the responsibility for the administration, but that is old news.

I cannot understand why he is telling the fans to not buy season tickets when at the same time he is offering to invest in the club. Any clues?

I do feel bemused when he says he offered money for the cash flow yet the club took money from existing shareholders at hardly onerous terms, (no fee no interest) What were his Dave Kings terms for this offer?

He equally could have bought it at the same time as Charlie Green or even Craigy White so why all this stuff now?

Well I hope Rangers or indeed any other scottish club go down the pan again, but they must accept that they live within their means and I don't understand where King is coming from about Celtic and 10 in a row being relevent.

Looking forward to opinions

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He says they have refused his offers of money, they (the board) said that is untrue but they preferred to take a loan with Wonga rates, but hey they also said that everything is hunky dory and we do not really need the cash, who to believe?

He seems to be telling the fans, those greedy spivs are telling you porkies just to get your ST money and if I were you I would withhold it and demand transparency, such an unreasonable request.

'Hardly onerous terms' Lets see, 15% interest for a 6 month loan and they get their interest up front, oh and its secured on assets and take yer pick on how you want it repaid, shares or capital, whatever is better at the time, excellent #wongacouldnotdobetter.

You really think anybody else could have bought the club? it was a stitch up.

You hope another Scottish club goes down the pan?

Nope just yer new yin.

So Rangers naturally cant have much cash at all in the bank here

If Dave King gets his way and nobody buys a single season ticket (highly unlikely) what is the plan here? liquidation & newco?

You sure Willie?, some of your fellow fans are over on our QTR final thread desperate for us to beat Rovers and survive long enough so they can 'pap us oot'

Desperate to play a new 3rd tier team.

Death before you get there or annihilation on the pitch, it's all one to me. In truth I would rather rovers papped you out, purely because the baggage for that game would be ludicrous.50 / 50 split for the gate, can't see you loving that, and as hellish as getting to Parkhead for the final is, getting to and from Ibrox for this will be like the Warriors escape. f**k that.

Ah well I hope Dumbarton save us the bother, we can all dream, the thought of the sheep getting the entire Govan stand gives me nightmares though.

Somewhat different routes to get there but we do agree on the outcome. Unlike some i would be delighted never ever to play this new team of cheats. Enjoy the turmoil

Now I will come out straight away and say I am not a fan of Rangers, but I am feeling real sorry "the fans" being led by the nose by Dave King.

I do not get where he is coming from. As an ex director, he has to shoulder some of the responsibility for the administration, but that is old news.

I cannot understand why he is telling the fans to not buy season tickets when at the same time he is offering to invest in the club. Any clues?

I do feel bemused when he says he offered money for the cash flow yet the club took money from existing shareholders at hardly onerous terms, (no fee no interest) What were his Dave Kings terms for this offer?

He equally could have bought it at the same time as Charlie Green or even Craigy White so why all this stuff now?

Well I hope Rangers or indeed any other scottish club go down the pan again, but they must accept that they live within their means and I don't understand where King is coming from about Celtic and 10 in a row being relevent.

Looking forward to opinions

not really sure how he could have stopped Whyte.

Carrot and stick if i was guessing

The club accepted a loan with a 15% fee and 15% interest if reports are to believed. Kings terms if reports are to believed were interest free/no fees.

No he couldn't, he had a little bother in South Africa at the time.

There's a lot of misconceptions about living within our means and where the money has went, it's been done to death on here.

Death before you get there or annihilation on the pitch, it's all one to me. In truth I would rather rovers papped you out, purely because the baggage for that game would be ludicrous.50 / 50 split for the gate, can't see you loving that, and as hellish as getting to Parkhead for the final is, getting to and from Ibrox for this will be like the Warriors escape. f**k that.

The Apache will not venture into those lands. Very bad medicine. :(

If liquidation was a threat the share price would be collapsing, its heading in the opposite direction rising 20% in the last month, £5M added to market cap, there is not a hope in hell that the assets would fetch £20m in a fire sale, looks like the market thinks takeover, I think king is trying to drive the share price down but its not working.

I don't really know anything about stocks and shares tbh & unlike many on here i wont make a fool of myself pretending otherwise :P

Seems to me like it would be a strange time to rise considering it has been falling for some time & things aren't looking good at all just now?

I don't really know anything about stocks and shares tbh & unlike many on here i wont make a fool of myself pretending otherwise :P

Seems to me like it would be a strange time to rise considering it has been falling for some time & things aren't looking good at all just now?

The QC is on the Bralt, i'm sure he'll explain it all to you...

Aberdeen fan here so frankly all this don't buy season tickets blah blah blah.Politics Power ETC ETC

Christ Rangers get yersels sorted oot .

Cut yer cloth and if that means you have to reduce squad, costs etc etc and takes an extra season or two to get back then so be it.

you don't spend what you don't have, no more than you would build a house on a swamp(metaphor)

Aberdeen fan here so frankly all this don't buy season tickets blah blah blah.Politics Power ETC ETC

Christ Rangers get yersels sorted oot .

Cut yer cloth and if that means you have to reduce squad, costs etc etc and takes an extra season or two to get back then so be it.

you don't spend what you don't have, no more than you would build a house on a swamp(metaphor)

You didn't read King's rallying war cry? It came in nice bite sized sound bites. And the orcs swallowed the lot.

How can they cut their cloth when the only thing that matters to them is competing with Celtic.

That's not the rangers way.

Such mere worries as bills are the folly of the Diddy club.

They've got titles to win and World Records to break.

Archived