So if we do qualify, who's going to France?

Mr Bairn

I'm planning on going regardless of if we qualify or not.

If we do qualify though, they likely to allocate tickets based on points?

I'd imagine so.

There was no points system for France 98 so what they did was:

- attend 3 or more of the qualiers - tickets for all 3 games

- attend the abandoned farce in Estonia - tickets for all 3 games

- attend 1 or 2 qualifier - get ticket for 1 of the group games.

I'd imagine each game will be treated seperately and done through the usual 10pts to 0 pts routine.

I'm a total amateur when it comes to attending major tournaments, if you're not going as a Tartan army member what are the chances of getting "neutral" tickets straight from uefa?

Failing that if you drive said cheap van to the city of the Scotland game would you be likely to get a ticket on the street?

Definitely - France is a great country to host a tournament in.

It's a shame that they are planning on not having either a single host or co-hosts anymore after this tournament. Having things scattered across the continent sounds gash.

I think that's just a one-off, and by 2024 we'll be back in the usual system.

2016 will be the summer I graduate ie the last 2 or 3 month summer until I retire.

Already fancing getting a cheap car, a few Scotland supporting fellow pilgrims and driving across France on a shoestring budget.

In the same boat as you there. Never thought about that car idea but I'll put it to a few of my course mates, would be a good way to celebrate one last time before entering the real world.

100% i'll be there. Could very possibly be a once in a lifetime experience... for me anyway.

Agree, I'm in the same boat. But here's hoping this 2020 vision sees us be thrre more often.

In the same boat as you there. Never thought about that car idea but I'll put it to a few of my course mates, would be a good way to celebrate one last time before entering the real world.

Yeah exactly flights, trains, hotels etc will cost an arm and a leg. As long as you dont mind either sleeping in a car or taking tents and finding fields to sleep in then it can pretty much be done on petrol and beer money

Archived