Jim Goodwin - Saint or sinner?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel the same about St Mirren, a club I have a lot of respect for. Jim Goodwin however is an utter abortion of a human being. Another blatant forearm smash today, hopefully he gets the book thrown at him. Again.

Hopefully Ross County TV draw attention to Goodwin's latest assault(s).

Vincent Lunny will be writing to Goodwin right now if he is watching Alba. Scandalous forearm smash.

The first one is a red card all day long, leading with the elbow is dangerous play. I think you are definitely wrong in saying that it is only getting highlighted because it is Goodwin.

Involved in yet another fracas in Dingwall at the weekend. He obviously pays little attention to the punishment in the form of suspension & fines that he is served with. 13 bookings this season IIRC? The man obviously needs some extended time on the sidelines to review his actions properly.

The Maureen's will tell us it's a witchunt orchestrated by McNamara in collusion with other opposition managers, but the evidence is pretty obvious for all to see. He is trying to make up for his deficiencies at this level by levelling opponents at every turn. Luckily he's captaining his club to certain relegation, at least we'll get to see him give Ian Black a forearm smash next season though.

No ban.

85eVJ.gif85eVJ.gif85eVJ.gif

If the referees aren't going to put a stop to his antics then it's daft to criticise Goodwin for playing his most effective game within the laws as they're currently applied. If a player was getting away with that for Hearts I'd want him to keep going.

There was a time when even the top teams needed at least one hatchet man (or "enforcer" if he was on your team) these days people like Goodwin look like throwbacks.

One might argue that the continued existence of dinosaurs like Goodwin and Tokely in the Scottish game suggests that we're struggling as a nation to keep up with modern football.

When did supporters of Scottish football become such a bunch of easily offended fandans?

James Goodwin is a fine example of a committed and professional footballer who often gives his all in pursuance of 3 points for the team he captains. The tendancy of supposed adult people using phrases sush as "assault" and "disgraceful human being" do point to the fact that maybe the usership of this very forum may often be found to be of "not the full shilling".

Yesterday two "disgraceful human beings" were given hefty prison sentences for attacking drummer Lee Rigby, truly disgraceful people indeed. Using such language to describe a footballer who tends to be committed in the tackle really exposes some forum user's to have a less than lucid grip on reality and perhaps were bullied at school for being soft and annoying.

Football is a better sport for having committed people like James Goodwin playing it. Every team needs one as the sport really can get pathetically non contact at times.

If the referees aren't going to put a stop to his antics then it's daft to criticise Goodwin for playing his most effective game within the laws as they're currently applied. If a player was getting away with that for Hearts I'd want him to keep going.

There was a time when even the top teams needed at least one hatchet man (or "enforcer" if he was on your team) these days people like Goodwin look like throwbacks.

One might argue that the continued existence of dinosaurs like Goodwin and Tokely in the Scottish game suggests that we're struggling as a nation to keep up with modern football.

To be fair, I don't think it says anything about Scottish football at all. Is Dutch football falling behind because of Nigel de Jong, Spain because of Busquets?

It's the way he plays the game. I don't think he's a particularly malicious player, more petty. Other teams target him as he reacts to it and picks up stupid yellow cards. Indeed, the last half an hour or so in the game against McDiarmid Park, he was on a booking and couldn't put in any more tackles in case he got sent off - they'd have been as well pulling him off and playing with 10 men. Our fans booed him, others do the same, which riles him up. He really needs to learn just to ignore it and get on with playing the game - ala Robbie Savage in the past.

When did supporters of Scottish football become such a bunch of easily offended fandans?

James Goodwin is a fine example of a committed and professional footballer who often gives his all in pursuance of 3 points for the team he captains. The tendancy of supposed adult people using phrases sush as "assault" and "disgraceful human being" do point to the fact that maybe the usership of this very forum may often be found to be of "not the full shilling".

Yesterday two "disgraceful human beings" were given hefty prison sentences for attacking drummer Lee Rigby, truly disgraceful people indeed. Using such language to describe a footballer who tends to be committed in the tackle really exposes some forum user's to have a less than lucid grip on reality and perhaps were bullied at school for being soft and annoying.

Football is a better sport for having committed people like James Goodwin playing it. Every team needs one as the sport really can get pathetically non contact at times.

You actually being serious here? :unsure2:

Your response still made no sense, whoever you were responding to. Thanks though.

It actually made perfect sense , I was indicating that the sour grapes emanating from (you) a supporter of a no mark Scottish club towards a player you have seen in the flesh maybe twice was laughable !

To be fair, I don't think it says anything about Scottish football at all. Is Dutch football falling behind because of Nigel de Jong, Spain because of Busquets?

It's the way he plays the game. I don't think he's a particularly malicious player, more petty. Other teams target him as he reacts to it and picks up stupid yellow cards. Indeed, the last half an hour or so in the game against McDiarmid Park, he was on a booking and couldn't put in any more tackles in case he got sent off - they'd have been as well pulling him off and playing with 10 men. Our fans booed him, others do the same, which riles him up. He really needs to learn just to ignore it and get on with playing the game - ala Robbie Savage in the past.

There are many reasons why Jim Goodwin is different from Busquet's and De Jong

But one of them is that if Busquet's or De Jong is on a Yellow they can at least continue their contribution by putting in a few clean tackles that don't risk a second yellow.

Archived