Jim Goodwin - Saint or sinner?

Goodwins on par with that Aussie that played for Rangers and Terry Hurlock.

Aye, Terry Hurlock, right enough. Forgot about him.

Recall Martin Hardie injuring two, yes two, well done Martin, of the players for the club formerly known as Rangers in a cup semi. Naismith and someone else were out for a while after that. Don't think he even got a yellow for it.

Pity he hadn't halved Cousin who later dived for the penalty they got which they equalised from.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I'm looking at it through tangerine tinted glasses, but I would not have put Bowman in the same category as Goodwin.

In his day opposition fans didn't like him too much as far as I remember. Any other United players who've been of that ilk over the years?

Probably the only thing more cringeworthy than defending Goodwin is the use of Maureen. Changing team names is shite banter. And peoples' names. See Man Urinal and Alex Fergiscum for evidence. Playground stuff.

Probably the only thing more cringeworthy than defending Goodwin is the use of Maureen. Changing team names is shite banter. And peoples' names. See Man Urinal and Alex Fergiscum for evidence. Playground stuff.

Typical Failkirk fan.

He's a mentalist and a liability. St Mirren must be getting sick of him getting booked/sent off all the time? It's not as if he's unfairly being targeted either as he gets away with a lot of stuff and could end up seriously hurting someone. The slower and older he's getting the more frequent it's happening also.

Yup. That is fair comment but Adams really needs to take a look at himself too.

Don't comment on it FFS. You're obviously seething if you do. :rolleyes:

I honestly didn't think the second incident in the Ross County game was that bad; merely an unfortunate clash of heads. The first one was a clear red card though. Leading with the arm right at someone's face.

Clearly has some sort of psychotic personality disorder and needs help.

All Scottish football can do is continue to ban him but you have to wonder what Saint Maureen are thinking in putting Goodwin on a football pitch rather than treating him.

^Seething Man U/Manure fan imo.

The only thing that bothers me is it's levels of cringe.

It's like someone coming on and calling your team Deirdre Utd. Not only is it utterly shite patter, it literally makes no sense whatsoever.

That's not funny and just immature.

Jim's antics at the weekend have certainly taken the pressure off of Lennon and the dreadful job he's doing at the moment. Danny clearly asked him to set about some County players and generate some controversy to get him out of the limelight. Anyone who doesn't respect that display of true loyalty between a captain and his manager in the modern game is a terrible human being IMO.

He was good in Romper Stomper.

post-1545-0-21902100-1393293416.jpeg

He has also done well to become a proffesional footballer despite the handicap of proportionally short legs.

post-1545-0-59840600-1393293487_thumb.jp

He's become a bit of a pantomime villain and questions must be asked of the officials who keep missing his agricultural challenges. He isn't a hardman but seems drawn to the physical side of games. I thought he was MOTM in our last game against St Helen Mirren :P

Archived