Jim Goodwin - Saint or sinner?

Nothing, until tonight when he assaulted my ears with his whining about pundits offering their critical opinion on one of the worst managers in St Mirrens history.

The thick c**t clearly failed to see the massive irony in him criticising Michael Stewart's punditry.

Aw come on! That's harsh on the poor lad. He's just misunderstood!

It's Michael Stewart had was lambasting ffs!

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Goodwin said was right about Stewart he has nothing positive to say about anyone or anything, he is entitled to and paid for his pundits opinion but does nothing but criticise which becomes boring boring boring. Surprised Goodwin did not say his mate Thomson is a great pundit - he is not but is at least gives a more balanced opinion - oopss straying into wrong thread!

Are you just throwing as many irons in the fire and hoping one is relevant.

Goodwin has apologised to Connolly for his actions. In the very same game, Paton was guilty of exactly the same conduct the only difference being Connolly ran into Goodwin, while Paton didn't make contact. The intent was clear in both cases, so to suggest it's somehow out of context is just bizarre. Perhaps you just haven't seen the incident, perhaps you just don't get it, either way it's entirely right I ask the question as both incidents happened in the same game.

Strangely enough despite numerous toys being thrown out of the pram, no United fans have seen it fit to answer what is such a simple question. Why is that?

Total phekin thug..........no more no less

Jim's been our best player in the last couple of months, he was superb again on Saturday.

When he's getting on with his business quietly he's a huge asset for our club.

Agreed, I'd say he'd have been our best player this season if it wasn't for the two suspensions. He's usually pretty dull in interviews though, Stewart must be a proper tosspot if he got stuck into him.

Tantrum-fail.gif

85eVJ.gif85eVJ.gif85eVJ.gif

So in order for a journalist or pundit to offer a critical evaluation of a topic, they have to have done the job first? That'll work well Jim!

Can't wait to see Jim on Sportscene... "Sorry, canna comment on the offside decision. I've never been a qualified assistant referee."

I think Jim is actually a qualified referee? Pretty sure it was mentioned he took the course at one point.

So in order for a journalist or pundit to offer a critical evaluation of a topic, they have to have done the job first? That'll work well Jim!

Can't wait to see Jim on Sportscene... "Sorry, canna comment on the offside decision. I've never been a qualified assistant referee."

The post you quoted referred to being 'constantly negative', not offering critical evaluations. There's a slight difference.

(Having said that, Gary McAllister used to give it that in press conferences: 'unless you you've played at the top level like I have, you've got no right to question me.' It was annoying as f**k.)

Of course, I don't know why JG would defend Tommy: his record of signings, performances and points secured were literally indefensible.

Goodwin came across as an over-sensitive w****r on Sportsound tonight.

Michael Stewart has clearly got him riled for some reason as he bizarrely mentioned him 5 or 6 times. The guy is paid to give his opinion but Goodwin can't seem to get his head around that simple concept.

"Tommy Craig is the best coach I have ever worked under" :lol:

I think Stewart got it repeatedly because he is one of the few Sportsound pundits who hasn't tried coaching. His "If it's so easy they should try it" approach wouldn't have worked if he was criticising Willie Miller or John Robertson. I like Stewart as a pundit as he seems to be happy to criticise while the rest are all blinkered by who their pals are and who they support/played for.

Goodwin seemed to have made a valid point to start with last night when he explained it was hardly a surprise Craig was being a dick with the media when they'd been slating him the whole time (although I've heard he was a dick with the press from the start) - his argument just went downhill from there though.

I think Stewart got it repeatedly because he is one of the few Sportsound pundits who hasn't tried coaching. His "If it's so easy they should try it" approach wouldn't have worked if he was criticising Willie Miller or John Robertson. I like Stewart as a pundit as he seems to be happy to criticise while the rest are all blinkered by who their pals are and who they support/played for.

Goodwin seemed to have made a valid point to start with last night when he explained it was hardly a surprise Craig was being a dick with the media when they'd been slating him the whole time (although I've heard he was a dick with the press from the start) - his argument just went downhill from there though.

Aye TC stormed off during a Sportsound interview before the 2nd game against Hamilton, the guy asked him about Goodwin's red card v Motherwell the game before and he took the huff.

I think Micheal Stewart is alright, not afraid to stick the boot in.

Genuinely think Stewart is one of the best current Scottish pundits. If Goodwin tore into him it reflects more on Goodwin as being a greeting pus in my opinion.

I think there was something that went on behind the scenes at Hibs between Tommy Craig and Stewart.

Stewart was very critical of Craig and wrote a bit in the Sun about Craig. I guess that annoyed Jim and he wanted to defend Tommy and used Sportsound for it.

That said the more he went on the more he lost his way in the debate, which is unusual as he is normally a decent talker.

Michael Stewart just dealt a huge plate of telt to Goodwin on Sportsound there. After being replayed the clip, Stewart basically said if anyone has a problem with his opinions they should pick up the phone instead of crying on the radio like a little bitch. He also said that he has got his coaching badge but that doesn't make his opinion any more valid.

Goodwin should be feeling like a right knob just now.

Michael Stewart spent his whole career trying to be the player Jim Goodwin is.

They're the same age, one was washed up at 30 and retired because no one wanted him. The other captained his side to cup glory and remains a mainstay in the top flight.

If I was Michael Stewart, I'd be jealous of Jim Goodwin too.

Michael Stewart spent his whole career trying to be the player Jim Goodwin is.

They're the same age, one was washed up at 30 and retired because no one wanted him. The other captained his side to cup glory and remains a mainstay in the top flight.

If I was Michael Stewart, I'd be jealous of Jim Goodwin too.

Aye, that's exactly what's Stewart's problem is here.

File under 'Lex's great delusions'

Archived