Jim Goodwin - Saint or sinner?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If asking a simple question counts as winding you up, I'd recommend not doing any pub quizzes. There we go. Thank you.Now the question is, should he? After all Goodwin seems to have been forced into his apology.

Christ, If I knew it was this easy..........

Yes, it might be the right thing to do.

But then again, he wasn't retrospectively offered a punishment, so maybe he wasn't deemed to have done anything wrong, in which case, maybe not

After all Goodwin seems to have been forced into his apology.

I'm not on the wind up here, but who do you think he was forced to apologise to? The way it came across to me, he was mainly appealing to St Mirren fans.

I'm not fussy about whether he apologised to Aiden Connolly. Footballers don't tend to do that.

I reckon it was an appeal to the fans because despite the fact that he's a complete liability at times, he's generally does a decent job, and St Mirren would be even further up shit creek without him.

I read Goodwins puff piece and I'd like him to explain this comment......

"The game has changed, and I need to change with it"

The way I read this is that back in the day Goodwin would get away with being a thug and bullying younger, better players.

Nowadays he will pick up cards galore.

He doesn't seem sorry he's a thug. Just sorry he was not Born 20 years earlier.

• 1 month later...

I've just listened to what Jim Goodwin has been saying on Sportsound. He was defending Tommy Craig, and criticising the pundits and journalists..... Particularly Michael Stewart, for constantly offering negative opinions about folk when they have never done the job themselves.

he came across very well, and so, I'd like to change my opinion....... He's definitely a saint

Mind, I'll still have a wee chuckle if he ends his 7 game unbooked run on Wednesday

I've just listened to what Jim Goodwin has been saying on Sportsound. He was defending Tommy Craig, and criticising the pundits and journalists..... Particularly Michael Stewart, for constantly offering negative opinions about folk when they have never done the job themselves.

he came across very well, and so, I'd like to change my opinion....... He's definitely a saint

Mind, I'll still have a wee chuckle if he ends his 7 game unbooked run on Wednesday

So in order for a journalist or pundit to offer a critical evaluation of a topic, they have to have done the job first? That'll work well Jim!

Can't wait to see Jim on Sportscene... "Sorry, canna comment on the offside decision. I've never been a qualified assistant referee."

Jim's been our best player in the last couple of months, he was superb again on Saturday.

When he's getting on with his business quietly he's a huge asset for our club.

Jim's been our best player in the last couple of months, he was superb again on Saturday.

When he's getting on with his business quietly he's a huge asset for our club.

Well you just know he'll do something stupid against United.

So in order for a journalist or pundit to offer a critical evaluation of a topic, they have to have done the job first? That'll work well Jim!

Can't wait to see Jim on Sportscene... "Sorry, canna comment on the offside decision. I've never been a qualified assistant referee."

No idea where I said that? Maybe you should listen to the podcast

That was my thoughts on it too - was only a few steps up from saying folk can't comment because they haven't played the game. He was entitled to have a go and he was always going to defend Craig but the media and pundits were more than entitled to have a go at Craig as well. Six games without even a goal at the start of the season!

A far better avenue for criticism was when trial by Sportscene was mentioned but he let that one go.

Maybe it's time you did too. :rolleyes:

I'll use the Homer Simpson quote I used last time Goodwin was caught: "If you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'll just have to stop doing stupid things."

I have no problem with him being punished if he is doing stupid things. However, I do think it's unfair that whether or not a player gets punished can depend on whether or not Sportscene decide to show something.

Goodwin came across as an over-sensitive w****r on Sportsound tonight.

Michael Stewart has clearly got him riled for some reason as he bizarrely mentioned him 5 or 6 times. The guy is paid to give his opinion but Goodwin can't seem to get his head around that simple concept.

"Tommy Craig is the best coach I have ever worked under" :lol:

Goodwin came across as an over-sensitive w****r on Sportsound tonight.

Michael Stewart has clearly got him riled for some reason as he bizarrely mentioned him 5 or 6 times. The guy is paid to give his opinion but Goodwin can't seem to get his head around that simple concept.

"Tommy Craig is the best coach I have ever worked under" :lol:

Jim Goodwin seems to really piss everyone from Dundee off, not just United fans.

What has Jim Goodwin ever done to you Dee Man?

Give the guy a break :)

Jim Goodwin seems to really piss everyone from Dundee off, not just United fans.

What has Jim Goodwin ever done to you Dee Man?

Give the guy a break :)

Nothing, until tonight when he assaulted my ears with his whining about pundits offering their critical opinion on one of the worst managers in St Mirrens history.

The thick c**t clearly failed to see the massive irony in him criticising Michael Stewart's punditry.

Tommy may very well be a good coach but he's clearly a fucking horrendous manager.

Not a popular opinion but I really don't mind Stewart tbh. He certainly wasn't saying anything about Saints that the fans weren't saying to each other.

Archived