Jim Goodwin - Saint or sinner?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hardly deflection. In the same game Goodwin clashed with Connolly, Paton was seeing trying to elbow Goodwin. The only difference being that Paton was too shit and missed. If he had landed it would have been a much worse offence.Goodwin has apologised. I merely asked if Paton has apologised for his actions. You failed to answer.

So, what would he be apologising for? Missing?

As a buddie i would go with that.

This red mist thing he gets every time he goes into a challenge should have been shaken off many seasons ago, he's our bloody captain ffs.

He reminds me of John Brown (i'm sure that was his name) that used to play for us back in the first division, he too had a terrible temper on him and more often than not his second bit of influence on a game would be a booking, the first being, booting somecnut into orbit.

No he isn't.

Sir Thommo is, with McAusland as the vice captain.

He is however part of our management team.

P.S. It was Tom Brown.

Intent. You don't need to make contact for it to be an offence.

I see.

And is that something we read in the daily record every Monday morning? A list of apologies from players who had intended to deliberately foul other players?

Or was it an official club statement you'd be wanting?

Hardly deflection. In the same game Goodwin clashed with Connolly, Paton was seeing trying to elbow Goodwin. The only difference being that Paton was too shit and missed. If he had landed it would have been a much worse offence.

Goodwin has apologised. I merely asked if Paton has apologised for his actions. You failed to answer.

I assumed you were on about Paton v Zaluska in Glasgow's West end. I was wrong, you're on about his failed foul in your 3-0 drubbing?

I see.

And is that something we read in the daily record every Monday morning? A list of apologies from players who had intended to deliberately foul other players?

Or was it an official club statement you'd be wanting?

You sound extremely defensive. I merely asked a question.

I assumed you were on about Paton v Zaluska in Glasgow's West end.

That really isn't my fault though, the context of my reply really should have been obvious.

I was wrong, you're on about his failed foul in your 3-0 drubbing?

And you are wrong again. I honestly don't think Pollok have ever played Dundee United, even in a friendly.

You sound extremely defensive. I merely asked a question.

Not so much defensive, more perplexed. I've never really seen many players releasing official statements apologising for something they didn't do. Just wondered why you felt it might be appropriate this time?

The apology is half the job. He now needs to not do it again and not leave us in the shit.

Had Osborne been fit, or had we a decent defence, we might not have missed Goodwin, but sadly our squad is still over-reliant on him. He knows this, yet still acted the c**t.

We're still up shit creek without a paddle (we do have an outboard motor but sadly Tommy Craig is steering it) - but it's not too late and our big players are coming back now. Which also means TC is out of excuses.

.. for something they didn't do.

I refer to my earlier statement. It's clear the intent and if there was equality regarding the retrospective punishments then he should have been brought up on a charge. Of course, I expect the United fans to somehow twist this, they seem to see their players as angels and the whole world is out to get them.

I refer to my earlier statement. It's clear the intent and if there was equality regarding the retrospective punishments then he should have been brought up on a charge. Of course, I expect the United fans to somehow twist this, they seem to see their players as angels and the whole world is out to get them.

What has this to do with Jim being a thug throughout his career?

Of course, I expect the United fans to somehow twist this, they seem to see their players as angels and the whole world is out to get them.

I see.

So, in this thread, entitled "Jim Goodwin - Saint or sinner?", which, at the moment consists of 15 pages of discussion which weighs up the merits of his presence in the team against the man's habitual inability to control his temper, his yellow cards, red cards and retrospective bans, the very latest of which he has come out publicly and apologised to all concerned for his unacceptable behaviour, followed by a plea to all st Mirren fans to give him one last chance, and an acknowledgement that the club has told him that this will be his very last chance......

Somehow, in amongst all of this discussion centred around Jim Goodwin, it's the united fans who are twisting things because we are following the topic of the thread and not capitulating to your ifs, buts and whataboutery regarding another player.

To be honest, If you think united fans will defend their players or think they're angels, you should try sitting in the George fox once in a while.... United players generally get more abuse than any of the opposition.

However, it won't suit you to hear that so, whatever your opinion, bash on.

It's nearly christmas, and in the spirit of the festive season, I'm offering peace and Goodwin to all men

Somehow, in amongst all of this discussion centred around Jim Goodwin, it's the united fans who are twisting things because we are following the topic of the thread and not capitulating to your ifs, buts and whataboutery regarding another player.

Are you just throwing as many irons in the fire and hoping one is relevant.

Goodwin has apologised to Connolly for his actions. In the very same game, Paton was guilty of exactly the same conduct the only difference being Connolly ran into Goodwin, while Paton didn't make contact. The intent was clear in both cases, so to suggest it's somehow out of context is just bizarre. Perhaps you just haven't seen the incident, perhaps you just don't get it, either way it's entirely right I ask the question as both incidents happened in the same game.

Strangely enough despite numerous toys being thrown out of the pram, no United fans have seen it fit to answer what is such a simple question. Why is that?

Archived