Jim Goodwin - Saint or sinner?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, just to clarify, it's absolutely fine for Paton to attempt to attack someone on the field and to achieve that off the field and nothing should be said about it. However, when one of your players runs into the back of another it's somehow a hanging offence?

Dundonians seem to rank up there with Celtic and Rangers when it comes to their fans playing the victim and mock outrage card.

I'm a dee and agree Paton is a thug. There is no comparison between those 2 incidents for me.

If Paton is cited I will be delighted, piss myself laughing and welcome any punishment.

At the risk of doing a stevie88 I'll be very surprised if Paul "pole puncher" Paton is cited for that.

I'm a dee and agree Paton is a thug. There is no comparison between those 2 incidents for me.

If Paton is cited I will be delighted, piss myself laughing and welcome any punishment.

At the risk of doing a stevie88 I'll be very surprised if Paul "pole puncher" Paton is cited for that.

Just look how that turned out for me, I was shocked and Goodwin got banned. It's only fair the Paton incident is treated in the same way. He should actually get double the amount of games Jim got since he made an arse of it.

Would you say it was exactly the same, Bob?

I think you could argue Paton's was worse, was certainly a faster elbow.

He didn't make contact, but just because he missed doesn't change the intent one bit.

If Goodwin's was a red card then I can't see how you can argue Paton's was anything other than red too?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it seems he has admitted himself that he is a sinner.

He's repenting now though so I think we should all forgive him and move on........

Either that or everybody who plays against him should goad him like f*ck and watch the fall out

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30284179

There's as much chance of Paul McGowan stopping his attacks on police officers as there is Goodwin stopping his attacks on other players. No self discipline.

Paton is an arsehole. Nice deflection. Now Goodwin.

Hardly deflection. In the same game Goodwin clashed with Connolly, Paton was seeing trying to elbow Goodwin. The only difference being that Paton was too shit and missed. If he had landed it would have been a much worse offence.

Goodwin has apologised. I merely asked if Paton has apologised for his actions. You failed to answer.

Archived