Jim Goodwin - Saint or sinner?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here' s Rankin's one.

Cynically wins the ball and sits on his bum in deliberate attempt to target poor John McGinn. Notice the fury of the other St Mirren players raging at him as he leaves the pitch. Grrr.

That was one of these ones where he was always going to be sent off for technical reasons, i.e. it was an obvious two footed challenge. The referee had no option and can't be criticised, but there's no malice in the challenge.

TBH I'm in favour of the rule that makes two footed challenges an automatic red, it's in the best interest of the game, but trying to compare that to Goodwin's actions is a bit daft.

That was one of these ones where he was always going to be sent off for technical reasons, i.e. it was an obvious two footed challenge. The referee had no option and can't be criticised, but there's no malice in the challenge.

TBH I'm in favour of the rule that makes two footed challenges an automatic red, it's in the best interest of the game, but trying to compare that to Goodwin's actions is a bit daft.

I agree entirely. Soft but technically correct.

I'll leave to the panel to decide once Lunney's replacement finally gives in to Div and his foot soldiers constant whining and cites him for this blatant assault.

Is that it Albert?

Can't bring yourself to say Paton committed exactly the same offence as Goodwin, so go for diversion?

Is Fuzzy making a serious comparison between Goodwin's thuggery and those two specific incidents?

Yes you can see clearly that those tackles were dangerous. Also a two footed lunge "with no malice". It is clear your club has been singling out J McGinn for rough treatment. Thanks for posting the clips you supplied the evidence of your players brutality.

fuzzy49, on 07 Nov 2014 - 15:50, said:

Yes you can see clearly that those tackles were dangerous. Also a two footed lunge "with no malice". It is clear your club has been singling out J McGinn for rough treatment. Thanks for posting the clips you supplied the evidence of your players brutality.

Wow. Just wow. Have to be on the wind-up.

He's a Thistle fan m8.

Wow. Just wow. Have to be on the wind-up.

You do not want to admit to what is going on. Jim Goodwin is being pilloried on here and when it is pointed out your players operate in a cynical manners as well. A tap on the chin against two crunching lunges. You must be able to see that it's not acceptable.

You do not want to admit to what is going on. Jim Goodwin is being pilloried on here and when it is pointed out your players operate in a cynical manners as well. A tap on the chin against two crunching lunges. You must be able to see that it's not acceptable.

It sure was worth waiting 5 years to use that account! :lol:

Not sure if serious. Are you mentally ill or just clueless about football?

ill use my account when I like I don't need your permission.Or do you vet every bodies posts.You are not answering my point. You are a hypocrite.

Your point consisted of Jim Goodwin tapping somebody on the chin - if you're going to troll, try something that will actually annoy people.

We're not angry with Jim - we're laughing at him, and you.

Your point consisted of Jim Goodwin tapping somebody on the chin - if you're going to troll, try something that will actually annoy people.

We're not angry with Jim - we're laughing at him, and you.

If you are not angry with Jim why is there 400+ posts from seething Utd hypocrites. You cannot defend that you have players who behave like Jim Goodwin as well. No proper argument from you only abuse.

Archived