Jim Goodwin - Saint or sinner?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we have a video of Goodwin hitting a player with his elbow and everyone thinks it's a clear, straight red card.

We then have a video of Paton trying to elbow Goodwin in the same game, and everoyne things it's a laugh and, presumably, Saints fans shouldn't be pointing out the inconsistency.

Funny old world P&B.

Can you imagine the outcry if there was a video of Goodwin trying to elbow Paton!

One other thing on the footage of the sneaky elbow....

Some Saints fans have said that it looks like teams have been sent out against us recently to target Goodwin. Both by over-reacting to any contact (or close to contact) with Goodwin, and by trying to wind him up so he loses the plot and does something stupid and gets himself sent off.

Those allegations have been treated as paranoia.

However why would Paton try to hit Jim with a sly elbow there if not in the hope to raise his 'nutter' level to 'malky'.

Doesn't excuse Jim from later doing what Paton did, but does I believe show one small example of what has been happening in out games for the last 18 months.

This is magnificent stuff from the Saints fans. Simply magnificent.

Just out of interest, do you think Paton didn't aim an elbow at Goodwin, or do you think Saints fans should have ignored it?

Would be magnificent, simply magnificent, if this thread suddenly had United fans debating on the extent/intention of a flying elbow and taking precisely the opposite views they did earlier :-)

Just out of interest, do you think Paton didn't aim an elbow at Goodwin, or do you think Saints fans should have ignored it?

Would be magnificent, simply magnificent, if this thread suddenly had United fans debating on the extent/intention of a flying elbow and taking precisely the opposite views they did earlier :-)

I'll pass thanks.

That'll be why you've posted 7 times in very quick succession, having posted nothing else since registering your account five years ago?!

:ph34r:

when I post or not is my decision you are trying to deflect away from the point that you have players that are just as bad as Jim Goodwin re always picking on the youngsters.

Swing and a miss!

The difference between Goodwin and Paton is the aim/timing. Paton's was a shitebag half hearted effort. I'd give it 1/10, must do better.

And there was me thinking it would be the United fans saying it wasn't a problem because he missed, or it wasn't that hard... or the target was Jim Goodwin.

Instead though, apart from Albert who made a vague smug comment then chose to 'pass' when called on it, they've just decided to ignore it altogether :-)

And there was me thinking it would be the United fans saying it wasn't a problem because he missed, or it wasn't that hard... or the target was Jim Goodwin.

Instead though, apart from Albert who made a vague smug comment then chose to 'pass' when called on it, they've just decided to ignore it altogether :-)

I'll leave to the panel to decide once Lunney's replacement finally gives in to Div and his foot soldiers constant whining and cites him for this blatant assault.

Do not have a link if you are a Utd fans you will seen at least 1 of them. The second 1 was at St mirren park J Rankin. Two footed lunge on Mc Ginn.

I recall the Rankin one. Pretty soft but it was two footed so fair enough. Can't recall the other one you're referring to. Who was it and which game?

Archived