Jim Goodwin - Saint or sinner?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Osbourne was brought in with this in mind.

But good player that he is, he's also a complete crock, and unsurprisingly is out at the moment.

So was Djemba-Djemba.

He has accepted the 2 match ban with an additional game on top of that. Isn't that a 3 match ban? :unsure2:

Daft from Jim, yet again. That said, I reckon most matches have at least one incident, that, if highlighted in the manner that this and previous Goodwin misdemeanours have been, could result in retrospective sanctions. He has placed himself in the spotlight, however, and is letting everyone associated with the club down by not cutting out this behaviour.

This is just another sorry chapter in what has, thus far, been a truly awful season for us. There is nothing positive around the club at the moment - absolutely hee haw. I'm apathetic to the point of barely caring now. Radical change is required at St Mirren, and Jim Goodwin is lining himself up as one of the key areas where this needs to happen. Very poor.

Think it's three match ban that's been offered. Should probably be accepted as the evidence is pretty damming. Not sure if the ban can be increased upon losing an appeal though?

According to this....

http://sport.stv.tv/football/298183-jim-goodwin-offered-three-game-ban-over-elbow-on-dundee-united-player/

....he has accepted it already.

Pretty frustrating I imagine for Saints fans considering when he's on the pitch he is really good.

I've never seen a player produce such instant rage from opposition fans so quickly. Our first game last season against Saints at Firhill and within two minutes of ko "YOU'RE A FUCKIN ANIMAL GOODWIN! ". The guy is the ultimate WUM.

Pretty frustrating I imagine for Saints fans considering when he's on the pitch he is really good.

I've never seen a player produce such instant rage from opposition fans so quickly. Our first game last season against Saints at Firhill and within two minutes of ko "YOU'RE A FUCKIN ANIMAL GOODWIN! ". The guy is the ultimate WUM.

Two reasons why I'm a huge fan of Jim. His WUM's are the stuff of legend and when he's on his game and playing well, the team tends to perform better as well.

But it really is getting beyond a joke now with all this nonsense.

To be fair I would be more inclined to commend the speedy insight of your knowledgeable colleague. I once noticed one dozy Utd fan who didn't actually notice until the 23rd minute.

Exactly. Shame he seems to wind up himself too often as well.

You know when old school hard men like Souness tell you that things weren't a foul in my day and you had to earn a red card?

Goodwin is sadly stuck in football at a time when being a thug on the pitch is now a red card.

30 years ago Goodwin wouldn't be an issue or even talked about.

Sadly in today's modern world Goodwin is an animal.

He's all but done at Premiership level but he's probably still got another couple of seasons at Championship level with St Mirren.

Dinnae you be sending your dross down here.

We got enough shit back in May to last us a lifetime

We got enough shit back in May to last us a lifetime

Now there's an optimistic appraisal of Falkirk's long-term promotion chances ;)

On topic: fuxake. I've defended JG at length on here before, and I still think the Ross County incident(s) were overblown and over-replayed.

But he should clearly have been sent off on this occasion, and yet again he's leaving us short of one of our more important players. For an intelligent man, he's a fucking idiot. He knew the guy was steaming in behind him, why not just take the collision and draw the foul?

What I don't get is how people get genuinely wound up by Goodwin. Like, to levels of pure hatred. He's a panto villain for thick c***s to boo at - he gives people something to hate and something to talk about. And he weakens St Mirren by being unavailable for tonnes of games, so you'd think our relegation rivals would at least appreciate that.

As others have said, this season is fucking honking. :( The strips, the manager, vast elements of the squad, the injuries... Yet again, in a fucking dross league, we're managing to find even greater levels of dross and underperform.

I can't, at the moment, even see us managing to scrape a play-off place, so we won't even get the excitement of a couple of big games against QotS. :unsure2:

Now there's an optimistic appraisal of Falkirk's long-term promotion chances ;)

On topic: fuxake. I've defended JG at length on here before, and I still think the Ross County incident(s) were overblown and over-replayed.

But he should clearly have been sent off on this occasion, and yet again he's leaving us short of one of our more important players. For an intelligent man, he's a fucking idiot. He knew the guy was steaming in behind him, why not just take the collision and draw the foul?

What I don't get is how people get genuinely wound up by Goodwin. Like, to levels of pure hatred. He's a panto villain for thick c***s to boo at - he gives people something to hate and something to talk about. And he weakens St Mirren by being unavailable for tonnes of games, so you'd think our relegation rivals would at least appreciate that.

As others have said, this season is fucking honking. :( The strips, the manager, vast elements of the squad, the injuries... Yet again, in a fucking dross league, we're managing to find even greater levels of dross and underperform.

I can't, at the moment, even see us managing to scrape a play-off place, so we won't even get the excitement of a couple of big games against QotS. :unsure2:

Decent appraisal that. Do Saints fans think this is likely to anger Thommo even more with regards to being over looked in the coaching options?

Archived