Jim Goodwin - Saint or sinner?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if there was no intent involved (there obviously is), repeatedly flailing your elbows/arms into opponents faces is a ridiculous and dangerous habit to get into, and one that he should be discouraged from. The dangerous play bit seems to be the bit that apologist simpletons like Stevie88 fail to grasp.

A(nother) deserved suspension for Goodwin.

The aforementioned Black & White Army makes for hilarious reading:

ran into his elbow i'd say, why was he still going in when the ball was clearly going out
Surely tackling a player once a ball is out of play is a sending off offence. We should send the video to the SFA.
There was nothing in that at all, if anything it is a booking for the United player for clattering up the back of Goodwin when he isn't within playing distance of the ball.
Goodwin was fouled three times and the referee chose to ignore each foul , Goodwin was just brushing off as he is entitled to do . Is it right for an attacker to be so aggressive towards a defender and not expect the defender to look after himself

And my personal favourite:

Don't see him looking back and his reaction is almost as the boy runs in to him. If it's a taller player then its a complete non issue

Was the County incident shown in the BBC highlights?

Yes. Steven Thompson put it down to Goodwin trying to protect his face. I'm sure Collum gave a bounce ball when Kiss had to go off for the cut to his head. The SFA didn't do anything.

Those three games without Jim should be a laugh considering we have about 4 fit players left anyway. If County are still below us in a few games time, they should be appalled.

I'm preparing myself to be appalled.

Both surprised and not at all surprised at this outcome. Ref or linesman spot it and Jim misses a game. Both miss it, and he misses 3.

And say what you like, but there really is no way that if that had been John McGinn for example that had done this that it would be being discussed at all.

Is it an elbow, yes, is it wild/dangerous/wreckless, is he out to injure an opponent, nope.

This is REALLY going to hurt us.

Both surprised and not at all surprised at this outcome.

And say what you like, but there really is no way that if that had been John McGinn for example that had done this that it would be being discussed at all.

Is it an elbow, yes, is it wild/dangerous/wreckless, is he out to injure an opponent, nope.

Stop, stop, I've already won Goodwin Bingo.

Both surprised and not at all surprised at this outcome. Ref or linesman spot it and Jim misses a game. Both miss it, and he misses 3.

It's a deliberate elbow and of course it's dangerous. Elbowing anyone in the face is dangerous.

Eh? Had the ref spotted it he would have been given a red card for violent conduct and would have a 3 match ban for the exact same reason (2 matches for this red + 1 for it being his second red of the season).

Archived