Jim Goodwin - Saint or sinner?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He didn't swing an elbow.

So the United player ran into Jim's static arm?

I'm calling bullsh*t.

It seems patently clear what happened from the TV footage. The two players initially clash as the ball's heading out of play. Connolly continues to harry Goodwin as he attempts to shield the ball out of play, but the latter succeeds in his task by jutting his elbow into the lad's face.

Link to the footage for anyone who hasn't seen it:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=705251906228652&set=vb.480785658675279&type=2&theater

Then you either need to don a pair of glasses or take off your black and white tinted pair.

Christ sake there wasn't much in it at all. I've looked at the incident a few times and there's definitely not much in it. If anyone else had did that we wouldn't even be talking about it.

Call it whatever you like Nizzy. I don't see any malice in it at all. As I've already said, would be surprised if Jim is reprimanded for this incident.

Given that he got away with this:

i70jg0.gif

...then I would be surprised too.

It shouldn't be a surprise to predict your reaction to that at the time:

I really don't see what's that bad with the first challenge either!

Dundee fans truly are obsessed with St. Mirren, given your success this season you would think you would concentrate on your own team.

Wrong, couldn't care less about St. Mirren, especially now that they don't visit our threads any more for some reason :(

I called you an idiot based on your assertions that Goodwin did nothing wrong and the naive Arab simply ran into his elbow. This despite the footage clearly showing him swing it back intentionally and maliciously. Your further posts strengthen my opinion that you are an idiot. I didn't even know for sure you were a Maureen* at te time of my post.

The facts are most fans think it's a malicious assault. The sportscene pundits agree. Even most dees are saying it's a shocker and we hate Arabs more than Goodwin apparently does.

*Your blind (literally) defence of Goodwin would indicate you are but as casual bystander proves club allegiance is no barrier to idiocy

Who does Casual Bystander support?

Er.. Pollok, obviously.

.. but he's very pro Hamilton ..

:blink:

News to me. Considering how well they are doing you'd think I'd be all up on their threads if that's the case.

.. he claims he doesn't have a favoured professional team.

:blink:

I've said on several occasions that if I had to follow a "top" team it would be Partick. They were my nearest team as a boy.

Anyone fancy putting together a string of Goodwin gifs featuring him smashing players in the face with parts of his own anatomy?

Bit of classic martial art movie sound effects over the top and you have a winner.

Archived