Jim Goodwin - Saint or sinner?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be nice if we publicly came out and said Goodwin was being punished - a fine or whatever - for once again being an idiot. Lennon let him away with it and spouted pish about his demons and now it seems Craig is doing the same. Meanwhile Goodwin will come out and say he realises he needs to change etc and then do something stupid again fairly soon.

Jim Goodwin is an old fashioned dinosaur type of player coached by an old fashioned dinosaur type coach who believes that the rough house style of play is part and parcel of Scottish football. We will never progress while the Goodwins are deified by the fans IMO

Yet he is the most fouled player in Premiership history.

I've no time for Goodwin or his antics, but I'd rather he whacked an Arab than one of our players. He's increasingly looking a ludicrous figure. He doesn't even seem aware that behaviour like that is illegal. Poor misunderstood soul.

I'm proud of him for elbowing the wee arab p***k in the puss.

Nice one Jim.

About time more players elbowed these fuckers, give them a genuine reason to roll around on the pitch.

Just caught the video there. Some crack on the dab. Kudos.

_1364573853.gif

Several pumpings for Hibs of Dundee is clearly taking it's toll. Perhaps it would be worth advocating gifting them a win in the next derby before their nadir is finally reached.

Would be nice if we publicly came out and said Goodwin was being punished - a fine or whatever - for once again being an idiot. Lennon let him away with it and spouted pish about his demons and now it seems Craig is doing the same. Meanwhile Goodwin will come out and say he realises he needs to change etc and then do something stupid again fairly soon.

I would disagree. I really don't think there was any malice in this particular incident whatsoever. It's more of who's involved than what actually happened. I will be shocked if any further action is taken on Jim.

I'd say swinging his elbow is pushing it a bit. Both his elbows stick out.Could this be because he was bracing himself for a dunt in the back? Attacking players do go into the back of defenders a lot when they are shielding the ball out. Only he knows.

Not defending him or condoning him, even if it does look like I'm making excuses for him. I'd be surprised if he gets a ban for that tbh.

Personally I am struggling to care enough right now with anything to do with the team

He is a liability. He can dish it out yet spits the dummy when it comes back at him. Sensible opponents know this and use it to their advantage....a few wee nips at him and he is a red card waiting to happen! God bless him!

He is far from alone in that respect and we should enjoy these rockets for the fun they bring to the game!!

He is a liability. He can dish it out yet spits the dummy when it comes back at him. Sensible opponents know this and use it to their advantage....a few wee nips at him and he is a red card waiting to happen! God bless him!

He is far from alone in that respect and we should enjoy these rockets for the fun they bring to the game!!

I'm not so sure he does spit the dummy. I think he takes more than his fair share of fouls. I'm not defending him on this instance, accidental or not what he did is dangerous play. At the very least it should have been a second yellow, and I wouldn't have complained if it was a straight red.

When you are on a booking, you need to screw the nut. Too often he hasn't done that and it's caused himself and the team trouble. He's an experienced player, he has no excuse.

Archived