Jim Goodwin - Saint or sinner?

Scottish Premier League Stats: Player Discipline - 2013-14

Player Team Yellow Red Points

Personally, I think Pascali and Hutchison are worse than Goodwin and how Pascali gets away with his antics is a mystery.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly has some sort of psychotic personality disorder and needs help.

All Scottish football can do is continue to ban him but you have to wonder what Saint Maureen are thinking in putting Goodwin on a football pitch rather than treating him.

There will be a queue to sign Jim when his contract is up

Scottish Premier League Stats: Player Discipline - 2013-14
Player Team Yellow Red Points
Personally, I think Pascali and Hutchison are worse than Goodwin and how Pascali gets away with his antics is a mystery.

When Goodwin gets his retrospective red card he'll be top of that league.

Goodwin actually has 12 yellow cards (hence the suspension which he will start this weekend). The table also fails to include his retrospective red card he received against Dundee Utd.

The table is inherently flawed as a measure of Jim's thuggishness.

It only records the occasions where he has been caught and punished.

If you have committed criminal acts and have not been caught, your PVG will come up clear.

Doesn't mean you're clean ;)

These other boys are :angel compared to Jim.

Didn't realise Frazer Wright only had 6 yellows. Suppose he also got 2 reds for the same game. Thought he'd be higher for sure.

I like Goodwin in the sense that he does exactly what he tries to do. Which is wind players, managers and fans up. He's superb at it. Same he's an poor football, clumsy in the tackle and often thuggish in his attempts to play up to the pantomime villain.

You could easily replace the word "Goodwin" for "Lennon" in that post.

Indeed, or someone like Jamie Hamill too. These guys play the game the way they do to get reactions off people. They're not hard, if they wanted to they could play without resorting to thuggery. Every league needs one, whether it be Goodwin, Cattermole or Pepe. There's always a player in a league to rattle folk and these guys are damn good at it too.

I just personally dislike what they set out to achieve.

and the last line will still be complete jibberish.

I do apologise for typing only phone. Replace the words, same and an, with shame and a. That should solve it.

Shite Chic Charnley tribute Act, IMHO. About as hard as blancmange, and nasty with it. Wouldn't have lasted five minutes in the game of twenty years ago.

Jim couldn't score direct from a corner also he'll never achieve the red card total that Le Chic managed. I can't actually recall any of Chic's red cards. Don't think he was into elbows and head butts. Mostly late challenges and a big gob ;)

Jim couldn't score direct from a corner also he'll never achieve the red card total that Le Chic managed. I can't actually recall any of Chic's red cards. Don't think he was into elbows and head butts. Mostly late challenges and a big gob ;)

My favourite red-card at a game I've been at was for the notorious Chic when he played for Dundee. It was New Year's day 1997 and Saints were absolutely horsing Dundee. With about 15 minutes to go, we went 6-1 up and Super Chic lost the plot, walked over to his own Centre-half (might have been Robbie Raeside) and floored the guy with a beautiful right hook. Definitely one of the funniest things I've ever seen on a football pitch. The ref sent him off, despite Roddy Grant pleading on Chic's behalf - I think Roddy thought if he stayed on the park he might flatten a few more of the Dundee team. Saints won 7-2 by the way. :thumsup2:thumsup2

When Goodwin gets his retrospective red card he'll be top of that league.

Goodwin actually has 12 yellow cards (hence the suspension which he will start this weekend). The table also fails to include his retrospective red card he received against Dundee Utd.

You don't get retrospective red cards.

That is all.

Yeah, that table is really out of date. The only official Jim Goodwin Card Countercan be found just below this post.

Just lifted this quote from Danny Lemon about Goodwin off his Wiki page:

"I always thought he was captain material and he's really grasped that opportunity. He leads by example on the pitch and off it too."

I thought the second sentence was irony then I realised that Lennon's grasp of irony would be akin to Baldrick's.

Anyhow the Maureens have a manager who meets their requirements and delusions. Will he continue to do so after he has guided them to relegation I wonder?

Anyhow the Maureens have a manager who meets their requirements and delusions. Will he continue to do so after he has guided them to relegation I wonder?

Probably not which will be a shame since he has done so well in succeeding by getting us relegated. How do you think we will get on in the first division, will you continue to follow Goodwin's career closely?

Probably not which will be a shame since he has done so well in succeeding by getting us relegated. How do you think we will get on in the first division, will you continue to follow Goodwin's career closely?

Blaming young Daniel for relegation; classy. What about the haddies who kick the ball about.

Archived