Jim Goodwin - Saint or sinner?

Yes , a w****r who has lifted aloft the League Cup , which no w****r in a St Johnstone strip has ever , ever , ever done !

Plenty of wankers lift the League Cup - in no way is your response relevant to the OP's question. Thanks for your input though.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he's a hard man, he's just a bit shit. He's clumsy, and his decision making is terrible.

He has the odd good game, but he puts the team in the shit far far too much. How he's remained our captain really does bemuse me. Unfortunately he's the only 'decent' holding midfielder we have. The media do highlight his incidents more than others, but that's because he's guilty of so many of them. For someone with so few red cards throughout his career, he has a ridiculous amount of retrospective bans. He's done a job for us in the past, but he won't be getting his contract renewed.

Regarding the incidents at the weekend, the first deserves a ban, but the clash of heads is just exactly that. Why Adams went mental, i've no idea.

Good to see Dundee United fans aren't still seething about something that happened two months ago.

If I was seething I'd have created the thread at the time, not after winning three games on the bounce including putting your miserable lot out of the cup. It also comes on the back of the continued reckless behaviour of Goodwin, the latest being in Dingwall on Saturday. Could it be that everybody else is wrong and that Goodwin is a victim? Live by the sword, so shall you perish and all that.

Goodwin is becoming a bit of a liability of late with his handiness. He's got to cut it out and I thought he was smarter than to carry on doing such stupid, needless shite under intense scrutiny.

This whole 'Maureens' patter, though, is utterly chronic. Like drawing-air-through-your-teeth-and-curling-up-your-toes, levels of shite. Midden and mínge at least had a bit of relevance.

This whole 'Maureens' patter, though, is utterly chronic. Like drawing-air-through-your-teeth-and-curling-up-your-toes, levels of shite. Midden and mínge at least had a bit of relevance.

Doesn't bother you one iota obviously.

If Jim were caught for evry bad tackle and forearm smash he'd have been banned for three quarters of a season.

He is, for sure, not a hardman, just a thug.

To be fair, I've tried to think of others, even some at my own club, but can't find any who were consistently thuggish.

Plenty of hard tacklers or one-off bad attempts at challenges, but I hardly think Rory Fallon could compete with Jim over a sustained period of time.

If Jim were caught for evry bad tackle and forearm smash he'd have been banned for three quarters of a season.

He is, for sure, not a hardman, just a thug.

To be fair, I've tried to think of others, even some at my own club, but can't find any who were consistently thuggish.

Plenty of hard tacklers or one-off bad attempts at challenges, but I hardly think Rory Fallon could compete with Jim over a sustained period of time.

There are a few who spring to mind. Kevin Thomson, Gunning, Scott Brown, although none anywhere near as blatant as Goodwin. Dave Bowman in his heyday was a c**t.

There are a few who spring to mind. Kevin Thomson, Gunning, Scott Brown, although none anywhere near as blatant as Goodwin. Dave Bowman in his heyday was a c**t.

Maybe I'm looking at it through tangerine tinted glasses, but I would not have put Bowman in the same category as Goodwin.

Archived