Jim Goodwin - Saint or sinner?

Involved in yet another fracas in Dingwall at the weekend. He obviously pays little attention to the punishment in the form of suspension & fines that he is served with. 13 bookings this season IIRC? The man obviously needs some extended time on the sidelines to review his actions properly.

The Maureen's will tell us it's a witchunt orchestrated by McNamara in collusion with other opposition managers, but the evidence is pretty obvious for all to see. He is trying to make up for his deficiencies at this level by levelling opponents at every turn. Luckily he's captaining his club to certain relegation, at least we'll get to see him give Ian Black a forearm smash next season though.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a mentalist and a liability. St Mirren must be getting sick of him getting booked/sent off all the time? It's not as if he's unfairly being targeted either as he gets away with a lot of stuff and could end up seriously hurting someone. The slower and older he's getting the more frequent it's happening also.

I couldn't believe the shite he was coming out with in the weekend papers - all that crap about players diving to get him booked, opposition managers targetting him etc. What utter rubbish.

The truth is he's a thug in a football strip. Loves to play up to the hard-man image that the biased west-coast press have perpetuated about him. He's not a hard-man - he's a feckin coward! If his performance at Perth a few weeks ago is anything to go by, a yellow is as good as a red for him anyway. As soon as he was booked that day, he hid for the rest of the game - an utter liability to his team. And the way he rolled about like a wee lassie to get Kris Boyd sent-off earlier in the season was disgusting - and he wants us to believe he is the victim? Yer no a victim Goodwin - yer a w****r.

Thanks to Desert Nomad for letting me get that rant off my chest - very therapeutic.

No surprise to see the Maureen's stoutly defend their star player. Had he been a United player & one of the prime causes of the team plunging towards relegation I'd not be so forgiving. Always support players on the pitch, but I'd not want him anywhere near the pitch.

c**t. St Mirren fans love him because he's one of them.

Considering when you go to St Mirren Park it's a complete booooo fest at every single decision and every bad challenge by the opposition can you imagine Goodwin in an opposition side and the seethe from the stand?

I couldn't believe the shite he was coming out with in the weekend papers - all that crap about players diving to get him booked, opposition managers targetting him etc. What utter rubbish.

The truth is he's a thug in a football strip. Loves to play up to the hard-man image that the biased west-coast press have perpetuated about him. He's not a hard-man - he's a feckin coward! If his performance at Perth a few weeks ago is anything to go by, a yellow is as good as a red for him anyway. As soon as he was booked that day, he hid for the rest of the game - an utter liability to his team. And the way he rolled about like a wee lassie to get Kris Boyd sent-off earlier in the season was disgusting - and he wants us to believe he is the victim? Yer no a victim Goodwin - yer a w****r.

Thanks to Desert Nomad for letting me get that rant off my chest - very therapeutic.

Yes , a w****r who has lifted aloft the League Cup , which no w****r in a St Johnstone strip has ever , ever , ever done !

Involved in yet another fracas in Dingwall at the weekend. He obviously pays little attention to the punishment in the form of suspension & fines that he is served with. 13 bookings this season IIRC? The man obviously needs some extended time on the sidelines to review his actions properly.

The Maureen's will tell us it's a witchunt orchestrated by McNamara in collusion with other opposition managers, but the evidence is pretty obvious for all to see. He is trying to make up for his deficiencies at this level by levelling opponents at every turn. Luckily he's captaining his club to certain relegation, at least we'll get to see him give Ian Black a forearm smash next season though.

Good to see Dundee United fans aren't still seething about something that happened two months ago.

Don't really mind Goodwin, tbh. My abiding memory of him will always being that boy Palsson running away from him at Easter Road.

To be fair that was hilarious.

The problem at the moment is he is over-playing and trying to influence the game too much in my view. He tries to drive the team and goes to win balls he shouldn't even bother going for and this creates problems.

It has to be said having Jim has deserved most of his bookings and his ban after the Dundee United game this season. However some of his bookings have been ridiculous and for most players would have gone unnoticed

Archived