Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

My cats an arsehole. He woke me up at half 5 this morning screaming like he was half starved so I came down to find a bowl full of food from when I went to bed. We then had an exchange of opinions about said food which the fucker eventually ate. 

About 40 minutes after this he came into bed howling about something at which point I shouted at him calling him a "cock".

My Mrs then speaks from her sleepy state saying "it's too early I don't want any cock"

I can finally come and post in this thread now since as of yesterday we brought home a rescue cat. I’d post pictures, but the little thing is currently under the spare bed and I suspect will stay there for quite some time. Stark contrast to her previous life in a house of 25+ cats and then the loud enclosures at the charity. Still I’m sure given time you’ll get to see her (whatever we call her!)

2 hours ago, Widge said:

I can finally come and post in this thread now since as of yesterday we brought home a rescue cat. I’d post pictures, but the little thing is currently under the spare bed and I suspect will stay there for quite some time. Stark contrast to her previous life in a house of 25+ cats and then the loud enclosures at the charity. Still I’m sure given time you’ll get to see her (whatever we call her!)

Our last cat was a bit like that when we got her. Dived under the bed and didn't come out for a couple of days 

Gave her a bit of food each day, she came out exploring eventually and after that it was friends for life.

3 hours ago, Widge said:

Yeah, just leave her to her own devices for a while and she'll come round. We got two from a similar background, and while one of them was out and about within a day or so, the other hid away for the best part of a fortnight, alternating between under the bed and behind some shelving in a spare room. I'd go through and talk to him now and again to get him used to my voice and so on, but didn't rip the arse out of it and crowd him out.

Anyway, one night my missus was up at her folks' and I was sitting on my tod watching TV when out of the corner of my eye I saw the wee guy come into the room and hop up on the couch beside me. After a couple of minutes, he tapped my arm with his paw to get my attention and gave me the big hopeful eyes:

"So, am I like your cat now or what...?"

It's a good moment when it finally happens.

I dropped a belt in the hall when bringing some clothes through earlier. Some time later, I was alerted to this by a terrified cat squeaking at me to sort out the scary snake that's invaded the house.

She's nine years old.

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

I dropped a belt in the hall when bringing some clothes through earlier. Some time later, I was alerted to this by a terrified cat squeaking at me to sort out the scary snake that's invaded the house.

She's nine years old.

Lets just hope she isn't all casual about it now when she meets a black mamba slithering by.

Wee chap has hurt one of his back legs/paws and is limping on it. Still eating, drinking, going outside etc etc. Is it worth going to the vet anyway or would they say keep it till its better? Iv always operated under the theory that if he changes his behaviour, starts hiding away etc then its time to take him

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Wee chap has hurt one of his back legs/paws and is limping on it. Still eating, drinking, going outside etc etc. Is it worth going to the vet anyway or would they say keep it till its better? Iv always operated under the theory that if he changes his behaviour, starts hiding away etc then its time to take him

Ours did this not long after she started going outside, hopping around on 3 legs for a day but still eating etc. When it wasn't any better the next morning I could feel the pad on her sore foot was solid and she flinched when I touched it. Took her to the vet the same day and she was given antibiotics, which did the job and she was back walking on it normally a couple of days later.

It's hard to tell if they've hurt a joint like a hip or knee, but easier to check on their feet which apparently can easily get infected from cuts or scraps with other cats.

7 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Ours did this not long after she started going outside, hopping around on 3 legs for a day but still eating etc. When it wasn't any better the next morning I could feel the pad on her sore foot was solid and she flinched when I touched it. Took her to the vet the same day and she was given antibiotics, which did the job and she was back walking on it normally a couple of days later.

It's hard to tell if they've hurt a joint like a hip or knee, but easier to check on their feet which apparently can easily get infected from cuts or scraps with other cats.

The wife tells me she has had a look and says he has a sore bit between his toes so sounds similiar. Certainly be a case of wathcing to see if it starts looking infected or not getting better. similar story with his tail a few months back and antibitics sorted it right out. Pretty glad shes found a sore bit tbh seems preferable to a break