Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

I dropped a belt in the hall when bringing some clothes through earlier. Some time later, I was alerted to this by a terrified cat squeaking at me to sort out the scary snake that's invaded the house.

She's nine years old.

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

I dropped a belt in the hall when bringing some clothes through earlier. Some time later, I was alerted to this by a terrified cat squeaking at me to sort out the scary snake that's invaded the house.

She's nine years old.

Lets just hope she isn't all casual about it now when she meets a black mamba slithering by.

Wee chap has hurt one of his back legs/paws and is limping on it. Still eating, drinking, going outside etc etc. Is it worth going to the vet anyway or would they say keep it till its better? Iv always operated under the theory that if he changes his behaviour, starts hiding away etc then its time to take him

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Wee chap has hurt one of his back legs/paws and is limping on it. Still eating, drinking, going outside etc etc. Is it worth going to the vet anyway or would they say keep it till its better? Iv always operated under the theory that if he changes his behaviour, starts hiding away etc then its time to take him

Ours did this not long after she started going outside, hopping around on 3 legs for a day but still eating etc. When it wasn't any better the next morning I could feel the pad on her sore foot was solid and she flinched when I touched it. Took her to the vet the same day and she was given antibiotics, which did the job and she was back walking on it normally a couple of days later.

It's hard to tell if they've hurt a joint like a hip or knee, but easier to check on their feet which apparently can easily get infected from cuts or scraps with other cats.

7 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Ours did this not long after she started going outside, hopping around on 3 legs for a day but still eating etc. When it wasn't any better the next morning I could feel the pad on her sore foot was solid and she flinched when I touched it. Took her to the vet the same day and she was given antibiotics, which did the job and she was back walking on it normally a couple of days later.

It's hard to tell if they've hurt a joint like a hip or knee, but easier to check on their feet which apparently can easily get infected from cuts or scraps with other cats.

The wife tells me she has had a look and says he has a sore bit between his toes so sounds similiar. Certainly be a case of wathcing to see if it starts looking infected or not getting better. similar story with his tail a few months back and antibitics sorted it right out. Pretty glad shes found a sore bit tbh seems preferable to a break

Coming up for 2 years old and this has been her favourite game since we brought her home at 8 weeks, charging around batting foil biscuit wrappers about the place. When she brings it down the stairs like this she wants chased up to hide somewhere, usually before jumping out to attack my leg. Nutter.

20211002_112429.thumb.jpg.81b333d483ef16017b7402a942c79549.jpg

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

New arrival.  Her indoors stupidly let the bairn pick the name so Boab it is.

The UN have been called in for mediation but no luck so far.

Hoping for a Security Council resolution to rename him Jeando.

How's the older one taking to him? Seething I presume.

Just now, Zetterlund said:

Hoping for a Security Council resolution to rename him Jeando.

How's the older one taking to him? Seething I presume.

Spitting mad. Quite ironic since I think they are brother and sister though the farmer can’t swear by the father being the same. I had no idea there were itinerant fathers wandering about looking for a ride in nearby farms.