Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

This handsome boy has been adopted as our workshop cat. He had been kicking around the yard for months, and there aren't any houses that close to us. One of the other guys started feeding him and he is now here all the time. He has definitely been somebody's pet though as he is very tame and loves to be petted. The hope is that we can get him settled enough that we can take him to the vet to find out if he is chipped.20210806_015323.jpg

I said after our last cat died that I didn’t want another one as it tore me apart. The wife talked me into it and I’ve loved having the two terrors running rings round us. Woke up this morning and the brother wasn’t there for his breakfast. He had done it a couple of times so wasn’t overly worried. Then heard a knock at the door and it was a lady from the SSPCA (I think) informing us that he had been found at the side of the road last night and had been scanned this morning so they knew where to come. The only consolation is that it looks like it was instant but I can barely motivate myself to do anything today. Absolutely torn apart all over again - poor lad didn’t even make it to his first birthday. His sister is going to get spoiled rotten.

FC48C600-33CA-411F-96E7-45B305BAA33D.jpeg

15 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I said after our last cat died that I didn’t want another one as it tore me apart. The wife talked me into it and I’ve loved having the two terrors running rings round us. Woke up this morning and the brother wasn’t there for his breakfast. He had done it a couple of times so wasn’t overly worried. Then heard a knock at the door and it was a lady from the SSPCA (I think) informing us that he had been found at the side of the road last night and had been scanned this morning so they knew where to come. The only consolation is that it looks like it was instant but I can barely motivate myself to do anything today. Absolutely torn apart all over again - poor lad didn’t even make it to his first birthday. His sister is going to get spoiled rotten.

Aw mate I'm so sorry for your loss, it's heartbreaking when something like that happens, rest easy wee man.

4 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Aw mate I'm so sorry for your loss, it's heartbreaking when something like that happens, rest easy wee man.

Cheers mate. Working from home made it even worse as it seemed that any time I was having a shite day, he seemed to sense it and come and lie on my arm. I’ve lost my wee pal.

15 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

That's my biggest fear, live on quite a busy road that has a 30mph speed limit, seen c***s do 50/60mph on it. It's no consolation, but at least you found out what happened to him. All the best mate.

I'm incredibly lucky.  Beastly roams for Scotland around my back garden and into the neighbours.  For some reason she will just not exit out of the garden towards where the road is. Canny fecker I think.

Edited by superbigal

15 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

That's my biggest fear, live on quite a busy road that has a 30mph speed limit, seen c***s do 50/60mph on it. It's no consolation, but at least you found out what happened to him. All the best mate.

Are you sure they're not flooring it to get away from the Smudger...

On 16/08/2021 at 08:30, Alert Mongoose said:

Cheers mate. Working from home made it even worse as it seemed that any time I was having a shite day, he seemed to sense it and come and lie on my arm. I’ve lost my wee pal.

That’s rotten news. Hope you’re okay.