Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

They'll likely divide the house up between them. We had 3 cats at one time and that's what happened. The zone of neutrality was the gas fire in the front room!

At one point I was in a home with four indoor cats (205 sq/m) but plenty of room. They never divided the house per se, but they all had certain spots which were clearly their rightful areas, and the others would accept being moved if the “owner” showed up. There were generally the high perches in various rooms. Even with a cat tree they had differing levels they “owned”.

IMG_2194.thumb.jpeg.52b10185bb4a5c9ead3bff733d2c571e.jpeg

At that time the calico on top was 1, the orange tabby was 16, the grey Persian was 6 and the white chested tabby was 12. They all got along just fine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-65532572

I didn't actually know that there was no law regarding hitting a cat, but there is a dog.

It's a real shame, I actually knew this cat, seen him hundreds of times as I work right next to his home, in fact he even wandered into my office one day. 

3 hours ago, Widge said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-65532572

I didn't actually know that there was no law regarding hitting a cat, but there is a dog.

It's a real shame, I actually knew this cat, seen him hundreds of times as I work right next to his home, in fact he even wandered into my office one day. 

“The Department for Transport said that having a law requiring drivers to report road accidents involving cats would be very difficult to enforce.

A spokesperson said: "We have reservations about the difference it would make to the behaviour of drivers who are aware that they have run over a cat and do not report it.””

WTF? How is it different than a dog? What freaking difference in behaviour?

A dug once ran in front of me as I was driving through West Barns- just a glancing blow and it run up a side street probably more scared than hurt (I hope). 

I was advised to report it to the Polis so I turned up at Dunbar police station and reported the accident to a bored looking cop. 

There are laws and cases relating to horses, cattle and dugs- presumably because they can be under the control of a farmer/dug owner whereas cats are more wild.

Disclaimer: This doesn't necessarily mean I don't agree with bring the law in. And the guy was a cunto for not stopping after he ran over the cat. 

When my mum got this chap from the rescue place last year he was almost entirely black & white, but after shedding his winter coat it looks like he's sporting a brown look for the summer.

Separated at birth from the Smudger?

20230511_105804.jpg

15 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

When my mum got this chap from the rescue place last year he was almost entirely black & white, but after shedding his winter coat it looks like he's sporting a brown look for the summer.

20230511_105804.jpg

Definitely, even got the same condescending look on his face.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Zzzzzzzzz…paws twitch rapidly then, Zzzzzzzzz… eyes blink rapidly followed by more Zzzzzzzz…. whiskers twitch, ach, you get the idea. 😛

C651CCD4-D16E-4A22-AA0B-07674217EB9E.jpeg

I always wondered if our cats were dreaming when I saw that when they were sleeping in front of the fire:

Smudger type female: probably dreaming of chasing birds

Ginger male: probably dreaming of fighting the cat up the road

Wee daft tortoiseshell; probably dreaming of getting hair over a pile of clean washing 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I always wondered if our cats were dreaming when I saw that when they were sleeping in front of the fire:

Smudger type female: probably dreaming of chasing birds

Ginger male: probably dreaming of fighting the cat up the road

Wee daft tortoiseshell; probably dreaming of getting hair over a pile of clean washing 

Daft tortoiseshell redundant. The vet treating the cat that’s now with the ex forgave her for absolutely shredding her arm because she was a tortie, and thus “impulsive”.

On 04/05/2023 at 23:28, TxRover said:

The old man is indoor only, this young lady stopped by a few times the first few days we moved in. After a few throw myself at the window face offs, they’ve reached an accord:

IMG_7635.thumb.jpeg.bef8494abec44027853fec98a60f5aa8.jpeg

Many moons ago, one of the local neighbourhood cats took a liking to one of our indoor girls, and they'd meet up on the windowsill around dinner time and nuzzle the glass between them. It was all very sweet, and I tried leaving the window open in case she fancied becoming an outdoor girl with her new pal, but neither of them were happy about that.

Then one of our other girls noticed the rendez-vous and would launch herself at the window whenever the outsider appeared. After the initial shock of the first time, the two friends would just calmly sit and watch her lose her mind, yowling and waving a paw at the glass  :P

On 11/05/2023 at 17:04, Zetterlund said:

20230511_105804.jpg

One of our current girls (also similar to Smudger, but without the chilling glare) has been black & white for as long as we've had her (almost a decade now), but has gradually changed to a similar shade of brown over the course of the year. Very odd; never happened before, so I don't think it's just a sunshine thing.

On 13/05/2023 at 04:37, TxRover said:

Saw this fellow when I was looking over a walking path bridge railing in a green space in the middle of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex:

IMG_6234.thumb.jpeg.8c5dbe5040d49043985bfe9f5bb90107.jpeg

Last time I was in Arizona, I was in a car full of natives and saw a bobcat at the side of the road, just casually watching traffic. It was the first time I'd seen one in person, so I was a bit excited and yelled "LOOK, LOOK, THERE'S A BOBCAT!" and was met with silence and confused looks.

It was only later it occurred to me that, for them, it must have been like if they'd been visiting here and yelled, "LOOK, OMG, THERE'S A SHEEP!"

12 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Lovely thirst quenching bird bath water.

birdbath.jpg.3d0d9aa17c072a7e30f05afcfe1cfdb9.jpg

FFS.

Thank you.

Ours will happily ignore the fresh cold water in their bowl and lap up the water that's on the tiles instead.

Looks like he's  just back from a 4 day stag...f**k knows where he has been.  Right front leg bone is showing just above the knee.

IMG20230517072050.thumb.jpg.d6d535212a7cb2e589aa0fb81791a87b.jpg

Edited by SlipperyP

9 hours ago, hk blues said:

Ours will happily ignore the fresh cold water in their bowl and lap up the water that's on the tiles instead.

Mine just sits by the bathroom sink howling until you turn the tap on a crack.