Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

34 minutes ago, TxRover said:

If he’s an outdoor cat at all, minor trims of the sharpest ends are all that’s needed. If he’s indoor only, a little more trimming is needed. Slow and steady, with a little at a time being a good learning practice. Hopefully he’ll let you do it with a good cattitude, but if he’s a fighter, it may seem cruel, but a large towel  over the head and wrapping the body gently is useful. Keep the head covered and only let one limb at a time out. Start with the front claws, so if he gets too stressed you can let him go with the most necessary work already done. The head/eye covering calms them somewhat. Mine just lies back resignedly and lets me go to town, but he’s had it done for 15+ years now.

He's currently housebound for another week or so till he's more settled but has spent this weekend perched on every windowsill in the house deciding where to explore first!

Chattering at the magpies but not being able to chase them seems somewhat frustrating.

Hoping he will be able to trim down the talons himself once he's climbing trees rather than using the furniture 🥲

1 hour ago, Con Stapleton said:

Coco with a nasty scar after having a lump removed from her neck.IMG-20230422-WA0000.thumb.jpg.4bde9e9a5f2c39a676aabdd52ac20909.jpg

Kipper had a similar lump excised several years ago. Turned out to be non-cancerous and he’s still going strong. The hair grows back really fast.

40 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Kipper had a similar lump excised several years ago. Turned out to be non-cancerous and he’s still going strong. The hair grows back really fast.

Nothing sinister here as well. She's getting back to normal already.

4 hours ago, BTFD said:

Fun times for a new cat owner!

Keep clear of the coloured part in the centre of the claw and you'll be fine. Go slow and gentle, and if they start yelling then you've gone too deep.

(there's bound to be a cat Kenneth Williams picture somewhere on the interwebs)

Edit: Stable Diffusion gave me these:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.e906ff8b1b210397a691da26028c69c9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f9c5c21ae8c328d6327fc65d17b3f8a7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4905330054880189fb9b69b257745ac0.jpeg

Yup, if its kinda clear on the underside of the claw it's fine to snip to that point. Where it goes solid white, is where there are blood vessels and nerve endings, so steer a few mm clear of that.

5 hours ago, BTFD said:

Fun times for a new cat owner!

Keep clear of the coloured part in the centre of the claw and you'll be fine. Go slow and gentle, and if they start yelling then you've gone too deep.

(there's bound to be a cat Kenneth Williams picture somewhere on the interwebs)

Edit: Stable Diffusion gave me these:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.e906ff8b1b210397a691da26028c69c9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f9c5c21ae8c328d6327fc65d17b3f8a7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4905330054880189fb9b69b257745ac0.jpeg

Kenneth did voice Carwash the Cat in Willo the Wisp

carwash.jpg.1040134c0b80d22497c7619e250e9a01.jpg

I'm continually surprised by the resilience shown by this little guy, he's 16, has kidney issues, arthritis and an over active thyroid but is still trucking along, he sleeps a lot and has days where he won't eat much ( bloody loves boiled chicken though ) but is still pretty active and has a mad turn every couple of days, he's also becoming very chatty in his old age, I know that in the not too distant future it'll all catch up with him but for now I'm spending every waking minute hanging out with him, fell asleep with him on the sofa last night and woke up with a sore neck but it's totally worth it.

IMG_20230429_013411.jpg

13 hours ago, BTFD said:

Your missus throws one hell of a party.

13 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Yeah, somebodys been gnawing on that.

Thank you.

Shes trying to give up the fags so her diet is a bit all over the place tbf

4 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

I'm continually surprised by the resilience shown by this little guy, he's 16, has kidney issues, arthritis and an over active thyroid but is still trucking along, he sleeps a lot and has days where he won't eat much ( bloody loves boiled chicken though ) but is still pretty active and has a mad turn every couple of days, he's also becoming very chatty in his old age, I know that in the not too distant future it'll all catch up with him but for now I'm spending every waking minute hanging out with him, fell asleep with him on the sofa last night and woke up with a sore neck but it's totally worth it.

IMG_20230429_013411.jpg

Exactly the same behavior here for a very similar age and condition. Much more interactive and vocal now. Always wakes up, saunters over and demands petting or climbs in a lap. Also howls like a banshee to get us to trickle a faucet so he can get “fresh” water.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Exactly the same behavior here for a very similar age and condition. Much more interactive and vocal now. Always wakes up, saunters over and demands petting or climbs in a lap. Also howls like a banshee to get us to trickle a faucet so he can get “fresh” water.

Haha yeah the climbing up for a cuddle happens very frequently these days if it fits he sits, last night he was on my chest I dozed off to the sound of his snoring.

So for the last week or so, my cat has decided that she want's out the house at 6.15am on the dot and wakes me up in the process. Now other than the annoyance factor of it all, I'm totally perplexed as to why she's started now as normally she'd happy to wait until I'm up and about.

With lidl currently having claw clippers in their middle aisle I picked up a set to test the waters. Manged to get a good few shortened down with my face and hands still in tact. Didn't want to push it too far but he was very calm.

Also had his first excursions out into the garden this week! Went for a wee wander and came back the first couple of times. Asked to go out this evening but just looked out the door before growling and turning away. Definitely going to take time to get used to all the new sounds and smells!

He seems to recognise where home and his safe space is, which is more than I can ask after a couple of weeks!

20230502_170322.jpg

13 hours ago, Widge said:

So for the last week or so, my cat has decided that she want's out the house at 6.15am on the dot and wakes me up in the process. Now other than the annoyance factor of it all, I'm totally perplexed as to why she's started now as normally she'd happy to wait until I'm up and about.

New girl/boyfriend?

2 hours ago, Iminavest said:

With lidl currently having claw clippers in their middle aisle I picked up a set to test the waters. Manged to get a good few shortened down with my face and hands still in tact. Didn't want to push it too far but he was very calm.

Also had his first excursions out into the garden this week! Went for a wee wander and came back the first couple of times. Asked to go out this evening but just looked out the door before growling and turning away. Definitely going to take time to get used to all the new sounds and smells!

He seems to recognise where home and his safe space is, which is more than I can ask after a couple of weeks!

20230502_170322.jpg

Sounds excellent, good job!

2 hours ago, Iminavest said:

20230502_170322.jpg

Our last cat, despite having lived in the house for years, had the habit of wanting out and then hissing and spitting at the door before trotting back up the stairs.

I always wondered what she found disagreeable. Sometime I think she just detected it was pissing down outside. Maybe other times she smelled a dug or a fox.

The times that were quite funny was when a strong wind outside would result in a draught coming through a gap in the door frame and into her face. This usually resulted in a look of "sod going out" and a hasty retreat 

Cat acting a bit suspiciously in the kitchen over the past few days indicating he’s usually brought something in. Pulled away a couple of bags to reveal a stash of his dried food and a mouse which quickly fucked off under the fridge. I think it’s been trapped in there for a few days. f**k knows if it will come out or if it’s found a way out.

IMG_5351.jpeg

3 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

F86806E0-35EC-44F1-B8C0-A067CA92B214.thumb.jpeg.84fc0ecff51bdbb2c4b3dc0908c59173.jpeg
Lola sizing up the invader on her territory. A lot more civil than I was expecting, they’ve largely left each other alone so far. 

They'll likely divide the house up between them. We had 3 cats at one time and that's what happened. The zone of neutrality was the gas fire in the front room!