Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

7 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Christmas is like catnip for cats.

20221223_214259.jpg

IMG-20221225-WA0013.jpg

Reminds me that 15 Christmas’s ago we took a family picture and used it on the card we sent out. One of the last people to get the card called us to say how cute it was that we got one of our cats in the picture…cue us rushing to the card and looking it over…finally spotted our newest cat, all of 6 months old, hidden in the tree over my shoulder.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I'd no idea what that meant but, having googled it, I can confirm he wasn't born in Fife so don't think so

Very well, looked like he was, and my daughter, a cat expert said it looked like he had an extra toe on the front, but there you have it! I hadn’t known about polydactyl cats either until I visited the Hemingway House in Key West, Florida…blooming place is flush with them.

• 2 weeks later...

We had to say goodbye to my mums wee cat this afternoon. 18 years old and has been an absolute star that whole time.

Health started to deteriorate in the last year, arthritis and kidney issues...progressing very slowly but things that would never get better. Had a wee final boost of life last summer whilst the weather was really good, and then sadly really started to go downhill quickly in the last 3/4 weeks as issues started to affect his breathing and respiratory health.

He was in no chronic pain or distress but things were going to continue at the same rate, and he definitely would have been within the next few weeks. We'd have been left with the same decision to make, the only difference would have been having added a couple weeks of pain for him. We decided to let the little legend go out with the dignity that his life deserved, and not to put him through that just because we couldn't let go.

Rest easy Finn, and thank you for spending your time here with us ❤️

1 hour ago, Al B said:

We had to say goodbye to my mums wee cat this afternoon. 18 years old and has been an absolute star that whole time.

Health started to deteriorate in the last year, arthritis and kidney issues...progressing very slowly but things that would never get better. Had a wee final boost of life last summer whilst the weather was really good, and then sadly really started to go downhill quickly in the last 3/4 weeks as issues started to affect his breathing and respiratory health.

He was in no chronic pain or distress but things were going to continue at the same rate, and he definitely would have been within the next few weeks. We'd have been left with the same decision to make, the only difference would have been having added a couple weeks of pain for him. We decided to let the little legend go out with the dignity that his life deserved, and not to put him through that just because we couldn't let go.

Rest easy Finn, and thank you for spending your time here with us ❤️

Thank you for doing the best thing, we learned years ago that sometimes waiting isn’t the answer. Unfortunately that cat had a few days of pain before he left us, but it meant our 18 y-o tabby avoided the same thing when she went into a sharp decline. It’s a very difficult thing to do, but it’s the right thing!

Sorry for your loss.