Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

Further update on my laddies big pal.... Never really sure if they are friends, until the other night when I heard fighting cats out the back.... Shouted on my one to see if it was him, and him and the bold Smidger lookalike came trotting through from the kitchen to check out the commotion.

Nae bother big chap. In ye come. Youl be getting hit wi a neck full of of Frontline all the same tho m9.

On 15/08/2022 at 15:59, Torpar said:

I used to always tell people "I'm not a cat person". Starting going out with my wife 7 years ago and her cat, Sparkles, would not leave me alone, he used to yell at me every weekend as if to say "where the f*ck have you been all week?" Eventually he become "my cat", I'd feed him, clean him when need be, take him to the vet etc. Used to joke with my wife that if we ever broke up we would have to arrange visitations with Sparkles.

We knew he was getting old, 16 years this year, and that there was a chance he was near the end. Still when I found him under the kitchen table on Saturday morning, not looking too great, my heart sank. Took him to the emergency vet and they told me he had no heart beat, most likely had a heart attack. Not a big crier usually but I was greeting my eyes out before the vet even got the words out. He was some boy!

Spark Tree.jpg

Sorry man. Been there. You don't realise how attached you are to the wee buggers until the end.

• 1 month later...
On 02/10/2022 at 22:28, peasy23 said:

This could easily be my cat, we've seen that look of utter disdain several times when trying to introduce a new toy.

Wee man got one a few Xmas ago fae her mother wee man just blanked it and was binned afore the new year 

• 2 weeks later...

Duke (Dukey)

2012      2022

Dukey.jpg.3c3d6d849e2454c1cdb7dcf8181820fa.jpg

Big fella started to go downhill couple of weeks ago, big weight loss, right leg then went, his pupil then got really dilated, absolutely heartbreaking watching him dragging the leg around. Vets then scammed the owner for close on £500 no clue what was up, said it was kidney failure at first then neurological/brain problems.

He wasn't my cat, but he kind of adopted me, going to really miss the big friendly bassa.

RIP mate.

38 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Duke (Dukey)

2012      2022

Dukey.jpg.3c3d6d849e2454c1cdb7dcf8181820fa.jpg

Big fella started to go downhill couple of weeks ago, big weight loss, right leg then went, his pupil then got really dilated, absolutely heartbreaking watching him dragging the leg around. Vets then scammed the owner for close on £500 no clue what was up, said it was kidney failure at first then neurological/brain problems.

He wasn't my cat, but he kind of adopted me, going to really miss the big friendly bassa.

RIP mate.

Shame.

Another gorgeous black and white fella gone.

That's awful news. Been there many times; not looking forward to it happening again.

Best wishes to all in the Biggie household. Hopefully Smudger doesn't take it too badly.

• 2 weeks later...