Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

Freyja was out the back this morning. I went out the front door with a bin bag. Unbeknown to me the wind must have blown the back door open and when I opened the front door I heard the back door slam shut. 

There was an immediate scream...Freyja had been on her way back in when the door closed and it had trapped her tail.

I had her at the Vet today, the wound is right down to the bone and she's to go in tomorrow to get about six inches of her tail amputated. As bad as that is, had it been a few seconds earlier it could have been her neck that got trapped and she wouldn't be here now.

Edited by Arch Stanton

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Freyja was out the back this morning. I went out the front door with a bin bag. Unbeknown to me the wind must have blown the back door open and when I opened the front door I heard the back door slam shut. 

There was an immediate scream...Freyja had been on her way back in when the door closed and it had trapped her tail.

I had her at the Vet today, the wound is right down to the bone and she's to go in tomorrow to get about six inches of her tail amputated. As bad as that is, had it been a few seconds earlier it could have been her neck that got trapped and she wouldn't be here now.

Cat's tails seem to be a bit vulnerable to an impact. A few of our cats over the years have had 'broken tails', and indeed one was close to losing some of her tail. She recovered OK but with a massive 'kink' as a souvenir..

Hopefully it'll be fine, they're tough wee shites.

On 17/05/2022 at 14:21, Arch Stanton said:

I got a 7kg bag from Pets At Home.

Usually one of the dearest places for pet products, because I signed up for their VIP card and Kitten Club, I saved 20% on this first purchase.

£38.

You may have already caught on to the scam/loophole if it’s like the puppy vip card ,after you have used the vouchers you want  it shows as used in the app , simply delete and make another account with fake information and back to free products and money off vouchers again , the dog one has a free bag of puppy food which I don’t use for my pup so I simply claim that at the shop Aswell,but then drop it off in the food bank trolley in the supermarket. Don’t blame me when you all get banned from pets at home but cuntos. 

An update on Freyja. Took her back to the Vet this morning, got her back as 5pm. They were able to save her tail! Vet said although it was a very deep wound it was also clean and they stitched it up.

However, the way they shaved her tail was from the base but left about a 3" tuft right at the end so she been swishing it about like a wee lion!

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Poor wee soul.

20220521_141918.jpg

The cone of shame...

Our last cat had taken a leap out of a high window before we got her and she'd damaged the nerve endings in the tip of her tail. She used to like to toast her bum next to the gas fire and occasionally the tail tip would get singed. I was always afraid when taking her to the vet that we'd be arrested for animal cruelty.

On 21/05/2022 at 19:08, tamthebam said:

Our last cat had taken a leap out of a high window before we got her and she'd damaged the nerve endings in the tip of her tail. She used to like to toast her bum next to the gas fire and occasionally the tail tip would get singed. I was always afraid when taking her to the vet that we'd be arrested for animal cruelty.

When I was a kid, we had a gas heater out in the hallway when we got our first cat. She would lie out in front of it and whimper when it started burning her, but wouldn't move, like the heat had paralysed her or something. One of us had to drag her limp body a bit further away.

We had to stop using it when she started screaming one day and her arse was literally smouldering, yet still didn't move.