Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

On 24/04/2022 at 19:03, broon-loon said:

Elmore James has more than one comfy spot in the house, but no, my chair seems to be comfier..

He lost his unrelated  'Sister' back in February and he's missing her big time. 

When I lived in America, we had a cat and a bunny who lived in the house. We were a bit concerned that we might have trouble with the cat seeing the rabbit as prey, but they absolutely loved each other. When we moved back here, all the pets had to go through quarantine for six months, but there was (is?) only one facility that handled rodents, and they had a 60%+ mortality rate, so we figured we had to return the bunny to the breeder we got him from.

I've never seen an animal mourn like that; he was absolutely heartbroken, and I got the blame. Never forgave me for it. Still makes me tear up thinking about it, and it was twenty fucking years ago.

19 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I'm really hoping to get film of this soon but, after nine years of not giving a single shiny shit about televisions, my beard knitter has recently noticed the magic of YouTube videos playing on one of my monitors while she perches on my chest. She's spent several hours this evening absolutely rapt to a playlist of chemistry videos, occasionally getting up for a closer look before settling down on me again.

Do any other P&Bers have cats with an interest in science?

I showed mine one about Schrodinger's theory. He was both horrified and fascinated at the same time.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

I'm really hoping to get film of this soon but, after nine years of not giving a single shiny shit about televisions, my beard knitter has recently noticed the magic of YouTube videos playing on one of my monitors while she perches on my chest. She's spent several hours this evening absolutely rapt to a playlist of chemistry videos, occasionally getting up for a closer look before settling down on me again.

1391849119_sciencecat.jpg.993c68682c789a27667baed3648118a0.jpg

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Ours has a particular interest in the structural properties of various soft furnishing fabrics around the house, regularly testing them to destruction for research purposes.

9 hours ago, BFTD said:

Natural Science. Particularly the efficient removal of the gall bladder of various small animals, (whilst also adding in the magical disappearance of said small animal).

Not had a photo of this boy up for a while. He's 15 now and had 13 teeth out last summer followed by a bout of e-coli which has affected his kidney function. Still knows what's what when he needs a servant though. 

20220502_132929.jpg

I'd completely forgotten that the CPL gave us a fridge magnet of my wee madam, the beard knitter, until I discovered it amongst some paperwork the other day. Eight (or so) years ago, and five minutes ago:

image.thumb.png.e150bba60ea59e9e51b822f5f8724367.png

image.thumb.png.8ef751ef4bc1a942a13ffa5069242712.png

Edit: think I could've taken Smudger back when he was that age. Doesn't look quite so handy there.

Edited by BFTD

6 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Found this recently, first ever pic of the bold boy, aged 9 months, in the cats protection pen.

kitten.jpg.f72e183d94e1f45c380502c66b53cb41.jpg

Thank you.

I was aboard the Unicorn in Dundee yesterday when a cat that looks extremely similar to Smudger (but apparently called Diego) caught a sparrow and decided to munch the head off of it right front of the ticket desk.  Blood all over the deck.  Marvellous.

Had to say farewell to my beautiful wee pal yesterday.Almost 19, but kidney problems caused rapid weight loss , and her quality of life declined. Treatment would only have delayed the inevitable.RIP Tia...you will be missd.

DSC02526.JPG

Our cat has finally had her outdoor jabs and can finally go outside. I say finally, she's 3 years old and has never been allowed before, but since getting her we were adamant she would get the chance. So far so good, she's curious when we leave the door open and will go outside, but I doubt she'll ever venture too far as she's still a scared little thing, probably dating back to before we rehomed her.

Still it's nice not having to worry about the door being closed for the summer! 

My two wee girls are at the vet today getting their teeth and gums cleaned. Need to be asleep for it apparently so it's an empty flat WFH. 

Last night was a nightmare though, they weren't allowed food after 6 and they meowed throughout the night, felt like a total c**t not feeding them. 

One of them has a little inflamation of the gums so it's for the best. 

7 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

My two wee girls are at the vet today getting their teeth and gums cleaned. Need to be asleep for it apparently so it's an empty flat WFH. 

Last night was a nightmare though, they weren't allowed food after 6 and they meowed throughout the night, felt like a total c**t not feeding them. 

One of them has a little inflamation of the gums so it's for the best. 

Probably needed to get this done, but the age of him, and the stress it would cause, I decided against it, all the fangs are gone, and he's just got molars left now.

teeth.jpg.6a7e0aa9de6405475b75fd4123424f2f.jpg

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Probably needed to get this done, but the age of him, and the stress it would cause, I decided against it, all the fangs are gone, and he's just got molars left now.

Cost me 500 for them both, including doing a blood test just to check them for anything unseen. 

Worth every cent though. Including the 2nd sleepless night ahead when we're not allowed to feed them 😔

I'm already going to give in around 2am.