Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

Last month or so has been enlivened by the arrival of an insane wee cat next door who regularly appears on their roof from the loft conversion skylight. It's taken recently to extending its territory into ours, and even appearing at windows trying to bam up our cats, who don't seem to realise they're cats and thus far aren't rising to the bait.

cat.jpg

On 03/09/2021 at 21:22, Proposition Joe said:

The vet has given her the all clear. Just a stomach bug apparently. She's pretty much back to her normal self now.

Well worth getting checked out. We've had a couple of cats over the years who had similar-sounding symptoms, and they turned out to have diabetes. I don't suppose it's great for humans either, but it's really not pleasant for cats.

My cats an arsehole. He woke me up at half 5 this morning screaming like he was half starved so I came down to find a bowl full of food from when I went to bed. We then had an exchange of opinions about said food which the fucker eventually ate. 

About 40 minutes after this he came into bed howling about something at which point I shouted at him calling him a "cock".

My Mrs then speaks from her sleepy state saying "it's too early I don't want any cock"

I can finally come and post in this thread now since as of yesterday we brought home a rescue cat. I’d post pictures, but the little thing is currently under the spare bed and I suspect will stay there for quite some time. Stark contrast to her previous life in a house of 25+ cats and then the loud enclosures at the charity. Still I’m sure given time you’ll get to see her (whatever we call her!)

2 hours ago, Widge said:

I can finally come and post in this thread now since as of yesterday we brought home a rescue cat. I’d post pictures, but the little thing is currently under the spare bed and I suspect will stay there for quite some time. Stark contrast to her previous life in a house of 25+ cats and then the loud enclosures at the charity. Still I’m sure given time you’ll get to see her (whatever we call her!)

Our last cat was a bit like that when we got her. Dived under the bed and didn't come out for a couple of days 

Gave her a bit of food each day, she came out exploring eventually and after that it was friends for life.

3 hours ago, Widge said:

Yeah, just leave her to her own devices for a while and she'll come round. We got two from a similar background, and while one of them was out and about within a day or so, the other hid away for the best part of a fortnight, alternating between under the bed and behind some shelving in a spare room. I'd go through and talk to him now and again to get him used to my voice and so on, but didn't rip the arse out of it and crowd him out.

Anyway, one night my missus was up at her folks' and I was sitting on my tod watching TV when out of the corner of my eye I saw the wee guy come into the room and hop up on the couch beside me. After a couple of minutes, he tapped my arm with his paw to get my attention and gave me the big hopeful eyes:

"So, am I like your cat now or what...?"

It's a good moment when it finally happens.