Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

There are my two, Odin is on the left and Arthur on the right.  We got Arthur two years ago from the Cats Protection League.  I grew up with cats and always wanted one, so we had a look around and found Arthur.  We collected him from Falkirk, but he gets incredibly car-sick.  He spewed and shat everywhere, the state of him when we got him to Edinburgh was something else!

We got Odin a year later.  He came in to my Mrs's vets a few days after he was born with a massively infected right eye...it was a bit touch and go if he'd survive as he was the runt of the litter but he responded really well to the treatment.   The Mrs bonded with him straight away, he was howling in the practice and was only quiet when she picked him up and I think fell in love with the poor we soul.  The owner was looking for homes for the litter so we decided we'd take him in too.  He was always going to get the eye removed so that's why we chose Odin as the name, he's really loud but loves to be around people. 

Originally Arthur was a bit grumpy when we brought him in, but that's cause Odin was mental.  They're definitely best pals now, Odin's learned to hunt from watching Arthur and they play and sleep together all the time. 

And they're amazing company during this working from home - the amount of video lessons I've had to re-take cause one of them has jumped on the webcam is a bit trying though!

IMG_5851.JPG

1 hour ago, super_carson said:

There are my two, Odin is on the left and Arthur on the right.  We got Arthur two years ago from the Cats Protection League.  I grew up with cats and always wanted one, so we had a look around and found Arthur.  We collected him from Falkirk, but he gets incredibly car-sick.  He spewed and shat everywhere, the state of him when we got him to Edinburgh was something else!

We got Odin a year later.  He came in to my Mrs's vets a few days after he was born with a massively infected right eye...it was a bit touch and go if he'd survive as he was the runt of the litter but he responded really well to the treatment.   The Mrs bonded with him straight away, he was howling in the practice and was only quiet when she picked him up and I think fell in love with the poor we soul.  The owner was looking for homes for the litter so we decided we'd take him in too.  He was always going to get the eye removed so that's why we chose Odin as the name, he's really loud but loves to be around people. 

Originally Arthur was a bit grumpy when we brought him in, but that's cause Odin was mental.  They're definitely best pals now, Odin's learned to hunt from watching Arthur and they play and sleep together all the time. 

And they're amazing company during this working from home - the amount of video lessons I've had to re-take cause one of them has jumped on the webcam is a bit trying though!

IMG_5851.JPG

Is that a Father Ted  "small...far away" shot or is Odin really tiny?

11 hours ago, Adam said:

On Saturday our cat Tiger started to be sick quite regularly. He also looked as if he was bringing up blood. Was only later that evening that I realised he was struggling to do a poo, and at first thought, it seemed as if the blood was coming from his back passage.

Continued into Sunday, again struggling to do the toilet, so was on the phone to the vet first thing this morning. Had him in earlier today, and unfortunately it seems as if he has been peeing blood, but also had an affect on his bowel movements. He has quite advanced cancer in his bladder. Given how quickly this has all come about, I couldn’t bear to say goodbye to him, the kids absolutely love him to bits. Went with some strong painkillers and a sort of palliative care method. Will revisit in a week with the vet. I totally understand that we will be in the same position then, it as long as he isn’t in any pain I just want to give him the best few weeks possible.

Absolutely gutted, he’s just the best cat ever.

I'm really sorry to hear that mate, it's amazing how strong a bond you can build with a pet, working as a dog walker and pet sitter I've had to say goodbye too many times in the last few years, the way i approach it (after floods of tears) is to focus on having that bond and being thankful you were able to share your time with them, it's better to have had that bond for a short time than not at all, cats are awesome. 

On 16/06/2020 at 07:43, stevieKTID said:

I'm really sorry to hear that mate, it's amazing how strong a bond you can build with a pet, working as a dog walker and pet sitter I've had to say goodbye too many times in the last few years, the way i approach it (after floods of tears) is to focus on having that bond and being thankful you were able to share your time with them, it's better to have had that bond for a short time than not at all, cats are awesome. 

Our worst experience was with our last cat, Sausage. He had a helluva’ start to his life. The vet we got him from in Greenock told us his story - born to a stray cat in Greenock, who abandoned him. A woman out walking her dog saw her dog snuffling at a hedge, and she heard a whimpering. It was Sausage, soaking wet and (it transpired) on death’s door. She gingerly picked him up and rushed off with him to the vet. The vetinary staff nursed him back to health. Meanwhile, we had contacted the Cat Protection League looking for a new kitten. To cut a long story short, we were put in touch with the vet in Greenock, and after we were deemed suitable and serious owners, we went down to Greenock to collect him, where we learned his back story.... fast forward fifteen years. A life well lived, a lucky, lucky wee kitten. Enjoyed a great life and we loved him to pieces. He was getting on, but no real signs of any specific issues, bar the obvious slowing down for an auld’ boy.

We went on holiday to America for ten days, due to arrive home on a Sunday morning, due to collect him from his usual cattery, on the Sunday afternoon, or the Monday morning, should the flight be delayed. Natch - flight delayed. On the Monday morning, we usually both go to the cattery, but with the delayed flight, we hadn’t unpacked the night before, had just showered and crashed out. Mrs Poz drove to the cattery while I stayed at home to start unpacking and get a washing started. About an hour later, the front door opens, and I’m upstairs. I bound down the stairs giving it ‘where’s that cat of ours then!’, to find the wife standing in the hall in floods of tears. I instantly knew what had happened, just knew it. No cat basket in the hall or anything. Put an arm around the wife, sat her down and she told me that the cattery had went in to feed the cats this morning, and found Sausage had passed away in his sleep, Sunday night into Monday morning. He had been fine the day before. Wee old thing just slipped away in the night. If our flight hadn’t been delayed, we’d have collected him on the Sunday, would have had that evening with him. 

The cattery staff were heartbroken, they’d had him twice a year, every year, for fifteen years. I held it together, because the cattery had wrapped the wee soul up in a blanket and placed him in his cat bed. I felt dreadful for the wife, who had to drive home, upset to the max, with him and his stuff in the back seat of the car. When our first cat passed, we placed her in a plastic box with lid, taped it all shut, and gave her a nice burial under her favourite tree in the garden. Sausage had his own spot, so I knew what had to be done. I drove up to the local B&Q to buy a suitable sturdy plastic box. Got one, walked back to the car, opened the boot and placed the box inside. Opened the back door, picked up the wee man wrapped in his blanket, and walked round to the open boot lid. I lost it. Completely lost it. Just stood at the boot of the car in floods of tears, cuddling the wee man one more time. God only knows what passers by thought, but I just went to pieces for a couple of minutes. Got it together, placed him gently in the box, buried him in his favourite part of the garden.

For days, we went through the whole ‘if only’ scenario. Pretty soon though, we realised that he was a helluva’ lucky wee bassa’, could have easily had no life at all. They don’t half get to you though, don’t they.

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Our worst experience was with our last cat, Sausage. He had a helluva’ start to his life. The vet we got him from in Greenock told us his story - born to a stray cat in Greenock, who abandoned him. A woman out walking her dog saw her dog snuffling at a hedge, and she heard a whimpering. It was Sausage, soaking wet and (it transpired) on death’s door. She gingerly picked him up and rushed off with him to the vet. The vetinary staff nursed him back to health. Meanwhile, we had contacted the Cat Protection League looking for a new kitten. To cut a long story short, we were put in touch with the vet in Greenock, and after we were deemed suitable and serious owners, we went down to Greenock to collect him, where we learned his back story.... fast forward fifteen years. A life well lived, a lucky, lucky wee kitten. Enjoyed a great life and we loved him to pieces. He was getting on, but no real signs of any specific issues, bar the obvious slowing down for an auld’ boy.

We went on holiday to America for ten days, due to arrive home on a Sunday morning, due to collect him from his usual cattery, on the Sunday afternoon, or the Monday morning, should the flight be delayed. Natch - flight delayed. On the Monday morning, we usually both go to the cattery, but with the delayed flight, we hadn’t unpacked the night before, had just showered and crashed out. Mrs Poz drove to the cattery while I stayed at home to start unpacking and get a washing started. About an hour later, the front door opens, and I’m upstairs. I bound down the stairs giving it ‘where’s that cat of ours then!’, to find the wife standing in the hall in floods of tears. I instantly knew what had happened, just knew it. No cat basket in the hall or anything. Put an arm around the wife, sat her down and she told me that the cattery had went in to feed the cats this morning, and found Sausage had passed away in his sleep, Sunday night into Monday morning. He had been fine the day before. Wee old thing just slipped away in the night. If our flight hadn’t been delayed, we’d have collected him on the Sunday, would have had that evening with him. 

The cattery staff were heartbroken, they’d had him twice a year, every year, for fifteen years. I held it together, because the cattery had wrapped the wee soul up in a blanket and placed him in his cat bed. I felt dreadful for the wife, who had to drive home, upset to the max, with him and his stuff in the back seat of the car. When our first cat passed, we placed her in a plastic box with lid, taped it all shut, and gave her a nice burial under her favourite tree in the garden. Sausage had his own spot, so I knew what had to be done. I drove up to the local B&Q to buy a suitable sturdy plastic box. Got one, walked back to the car, opened the boot and placed the box inside. Opened the back door, picked up the wee man wrapped in his blanket, and walked round to the open boot lid. I lost it. Completely lost it. Just stood at the boot of the car in floods of tears, cuddling the wee man one more time. God only knows what passers by thought, but I just went to pieces for a couple of minutes. Got it together, placed him gently in the box, buried him in his favourite part of the garden.

For days, we went through the whole ‘if only’ scenario. Pretty soon though, we realised that he was a helluva’ lucky wee bassa’, could have easily had no life at all. They don’t half get to you though, don’t they.

Sorry to hear that, pal.  It's been said already here how much these wee balls fluff mean to us all, never easy saying goodbye.  

19 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Sorry to hear that mate, must've been devastating. 

We have a woman that comes to our house for a few hours a day when we're away. 

Our Monty had his yearly check up today, need to take him back in two months as he's lost a bit of weight recently, he was always on the chunky side, probably because he was homeless then we found him and he made up for the times he had to go hungry, i'm hoping that its just stress due to all the disruption going on in our building with renovation work. 

On 15/06/2020 at 19:51, Adam said:

On Saturday our cat Tiger started to be sick quite regularly. He also looked as if he was bringing up blood. Was only later that evening that I realised he was struggling to do a poo, and at first thought, it seemed as if the blood was coming from his back passage.

Continued into Sunday, again struggling to do the toilet, so was on the phone to the vet first thing this morning. Had him in earlier today, and unfortunately it seems as if he has been peeing blood, but also had an affect on his bowel movements. He has quite advanced cancer in his bladder. Given how quickly this has all come about, I couldn’t bear to say goodbye to him, the kids absolutely love him to bits. Went with some strong painkillers and a sort of palliative care method. Will revisit in a week with the vet. I totally understand that we will be in the same position then, it as long as he isn’t in any pain I just want to give him the best few weeks possible.

Absolutely gutted, he’s just the best cat ever.

He’s an awesome boy and you’ve given him the absolute best in his older years. 

690F1DD1-B2C6-4CFA-9B7E-9D901A87E7C2.jpeg