Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

On Saturday our cat Tiger started to be sick quite regularly. He also looked as if he was bringing up blood. Was only later that evening that I realised he was struggling to do a poo, and at first thought, it seemed as if the blood was coming from his back passage.

Continued into Sunday, again struggling to do the toilet, so was on the phone to the vet first thing this morning. Had him in earlier today, and unfortunately it seems as if he has been peeing blood, but also had an affect on his bowel movements. He has quite advanced cancer in his bladder. Given how quickly this has all come about, I couldn’t bear to say goodbye to him, the kids absolutely love him to bits. Went with some strong painkillers and a sort of palliative care method. Will revisit in a week with the vet. I totally understand that we will be in the same position then, it as long as he isn’t in any pain I just want to give him the best few weeks possible.

Absolutely gutted, he’s just the best cat ever.

20 minutes ago, Adam said:

On Saturday our cat Tiger started to be sick quite regularly. He also looked as if he was bringing up blood. Was only later that evening that I realised he was struggling to do a poo, and at first thought, it seemed as if the blood was coming from his back passage.

Continued into Sunday, again struggling to do the toilet, so was on the phone to the vet first thing this morning. Had him in earlier today, and unfortunately it seems as if he has been peeing blood, but also had an affect on his bowel movements. He has quite advanced cancer in his bladder. Given how quickly this has all come about, I couldn’t bear to say goodbye to him, the kids absolutely love him to bits. Went with some strong painkillers and a sort of palliative care method. Will revisit in a week with the vet. I totally understand that we will be in the same position then, it as long as he isn’t in any pain I just want to give him the best few weeks possible.

Absolutely gutted, he’s just the best cat ever.

Sorry to hear that. The same thing happened to my last cat, bladder cancer and the tumour was too large to remove and leave a functioning bladder.

I was too upset to take Buddie to the vet so got the ex-wife to do it. Pity he didn't have a BOGOF on euthanasia or I could have got rid of her as well.

Yeah, I’m gutted, had him for so many years, really unlike any other cats I know, just really friendly and like a dog in many ways, really has been a best friend. Wouldn’t say I am an emotional person, but I’m genuinely heartbroken.

Yeah, I’m gutted, had him for so many years, really unlike any other cats I know, just really friendly and like a dog in many ways, really has been a best friend. Wouldn’t say I am an emotional person, but I’m genuinely heartbroken.

Sorry to hear mate.

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

Somewhat shamefully I couldn’t face taking our old lad into the vets when he had to go. Stood in the car park greeting. It’s mental just how much it gets to you.

Somewhat shamefully I couldn’t face taking our old lad into the vets when he had to go. Stood in the car park greeting. It’s mental just how much it gets to you.

What made it worse this time round was that I was unable to go in with him. Usually you are able to go in and sit with them whilst they’re being examined on the table, however the only time I was allowed in the surgery was to pay.

I hope that if he does go next week, that I’ll be allowed into the room to sit with him whilst he goes to sleep. I think it would be very hard to think of him going to sleep without a cuddle from a loved one. Just a shite state of affairs really.

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

What made it worse this time round was that I was unable to go in with him. Usually you are able to go in and sit with them whilst they’re being examined on the table, however the only time I was allowed in the surgery was to pay.

I hope that if he does go next week, that I’ll be allowed into the room to sit with him whilst he goes to sleep. I think it would be very hard to think of him going to sleep without a cuddle from a loved one. Just a shite state of affairs really.

Yeah can understand that. The wife went in with him. I just couldn’t face it. 

Yeah can understand that. The wife went in with him. I just couldn’t face it. 

No, I completely get that. My ex wife done it with the other cat we adopted a few years ago when his time came, and I know it was hard on her. I just want to make sure he has a great week or two, getting all the attention, and give the kids a bit of notice that he won’t be coming back when I take him next time.

Really does get to you, how much they do become part of the family.

Really does get to you, how much they do become part of the family.

It is heartbreaking, they are family and tbh I absolutely cannot stand folk who belittle the connection folk have with their animals.

My cat never chose to live in my house with my family. I owe him the life any animal deserves. I think what makes it so hard is that youl never know for sure what they thought of you! Specially cats [emoji23]

Good thing I suppose is that you can go out and get another cat that needs a home and give it one without ever needing to forget about the current one.

It is heartbreaking, they are family and tbh I absolutely cannot stand folk who belittle the connection folk have with their animals.

My cat never chose to live in my house with my family. I owe him the life any animal deserves. I think what makes it so hard is that youl never know for sure what they thought of you! Specially cats [emoji23]

Good thing I suppose is that you can go out and get another cat that needs a home and give it one without ever needing to forget about the current one.

Can’t ever see me getting another cat tbh. I loved the other cat we had, cried when he passed away, but it was always established that Tiger was my cat, I was his favourite, he would always sit with me. I really don’t see me ever getting another cat.

Mental man, had numerous deaths in the family (grandparents etc..) when I was a teenager, but I don’t ever remember feeling as gutted as I feel now. He is just an amazing cat. Planning on bankruptcy just to give him fillet steaks and tuna for food, not a box of felix in sight now.

I'm sorry to hear that, Adam.  I'd be devastated if that happened to either of my two.  Like you say, they really are part of the family and absolutely have personalities.  Anyone who says cats are rubbish pets can get in the sea, I hope you're able to enjoy the remaining time with Tiger as much as you can. 

I know this might not offer much solace, but my missus is a vet nurse and she always says that when it's an animals time it's sad but strangely peaceful.

I've only ever had to go through that once - although she'd been unwell for a good while last cat died during the night and saved us the trial of that last trip to the vet.

Did it with the previous one though and it wasn't enjoyable...felt I had to be there at the end though as I just didn't want an animal that was my wee pal to die scared and alone.