Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

A shameless attempt to hijack a thread of belting cat photos, but I’ve got a problem with my two.

They’re both from the same litter, just turned 3. Both housecats but they get out into the garden under supervision occasionally. They get on like a house on fire.

The other day I left the bedroom window open and one of them somehow escaped out. By the time I’d noticed and I’d found him, he’d been in the pishing rain for an hour or so. Got him back in and we thought all was well, but the other cat has since started hissing and growling at him which he’s never done before. Turns out it’s a thing called “non recognition aggression” which means Cat 2 no longer recognises Cat 1’s scent.

Google has suggested a few things and it’s calmed down a bit since the other day but they’re “still nae spikkin” - anyone any experiences of this, or handy hints?

IMG_3715.thumb.jpg.179a842c6046b64ecc94c5541b72c702.jpg
How did you get on?

My two boy cats are house cats and very similar just get out supervised but one likes to try to escape at any opportunity out the front door when visitors come and don't know what he is like and took a few hours to get him back inside at dinner time usually. So had a very similar thing with them not recognising each other scents but usually feeding them treats together and playing with them together and just within a couple of days & time together they realise who each other are again and not to be hissing or scared and be pals.

Who do people use for pet insurance and how much do you pay? One of my cats has had a UTI blockage twice so struggling with pricing for insurance but he hasn't had it for 1 year now and got meds for it. What are your experiences with claiming. My cats won't get in their cat carrier so arrange a check up and have to cancel as they bolt away unless they are actually unwell...

He looks like a fluffy version of my Bill.
This is gim escaping yet again from the cat box on a trip to the vets.
20190818_100952.thumb.jpg.89e0b37c896969b6531a29a62f2e120c.jpg
I'm due to take my cat Charlie to the vets for his check up in a couple of weeks.... he diabetic and has insulin shots twice a day, so has been having regular tests.
He fuckin hates it and nearly everytime hes put in the carrier he pisses in it... poor wee c**t.

How did you get on?

My two boy cats are house cats and very similar just get out supervised but one likes to try to escape at any opportunity out the front door when visitors come and don't know what he is like and took a few hours to get him back inside at dinner time usually. So had a very similar thing with them not recognising each other scents but usually feeding them treats together and playing with them together and just within a couple of days & time together they realise who each other are again and not to be hissing or scared and be pals.

Who do people use for pet insurance and how much do you pay? One of my cats has had a UTI blockage twice so struggling with pricing for insurance but he hasn't had it for 1 year now and got meds for it. What are your experiences with claiming. My cats won't get in their cat carrier so arrange a check up and have to cancel as they bolt away unless they are actually unwell...

They’ve both settled down a lot now. I can’t shake the idea that we’ve pressed the reset button and Beau can’t recognise Dandy, and just treats him as a new cat who he’s used to now. Hope not though.

we always used something this for taking our various cats to the vets over the years (pic is off a military surplus site hence the slightly Rangers-esque cloth)

798313582_pigeonbasket.jpg.cfe3c70e76856586d781f4fcbd238f8b.jpg

It's an old pigeon basket. The cats liked having just enough space to look out of. 

On 20/08/2019 at 00:16, gav-ffc said:

Totally forgot to post this, added two our current two (Albus & Aberforth) we now have Luna who was a rescue kitten.

First time having a female cat and she’s a feisty wee thing but adorable. 

Shes far left if you can’t tell but she is doing her best to be as big as the two boys.

2C550DA9-DBA7-4458-A24A-8DB8668E9FF3.jpeg

Oh my god. Future goals :wub: