The London Thread

19QOS19

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Museum or soho.

Both educational .

Hotel is nearish Soho so could wonder through, check out the parliament then find a museum.

Ordered a coffee this morning and the guy couldn't understand my accent (he also wrote my name on the coffee cup, managing to only get one letter out of eight correct). Considering I've got a middle class toff Scottish accent I shudder to think how most folk from home attempting to speak Doric infused Scots would cope.

We stayed in an EasyHotel on Old Street in Islington. Was like £26 a night and really close to a tube station. Absolutely nothing in it, but if all you're planning on doing is sleeping there and getting changed, EasyHotel is decent enough.

• 3 weeks later...

does anyone have any hostel recommendations for london? i've been a few times before, and in my experience the hostels in london aren't anywhere near the quality or bargain as other cities in europe. i'd be looking for one with a lively atmosphere and not too far away from the center of town. it seems like one of those st. christopher's would be the best option, but having stayed at one of those elsewhere, they seem like the kind of places that attract utter dick heads.

• 2 weeks later...

Unexpectedly got a few hours to kill in London tomorrow. Probably realistically only enough time to do one thing. Any recommendations for killing a few hours?

I appreciate this is a bit late, but the museum at the Bank of England is quite interesting.

• 2 months later...

Thanks to some staggeringly incompetent Indian batting, I now have a free day in London tomorrow. Are the Abbey Road studios worth visiting? It's a toss up between that and the Sherlock Holmes museum.

Edit; currently in the Good Mixer on Inverness Street. Quite literally something for everyone in there.

Thanks to some staggeringly incompetent Indian batting, I now have a free day in London tomorrow. Are the Abbey Road studios worth visiting? It's a toss up between that and the Sherlock Holmes museum.

Edit; currently in the Good Mixer on Inverness Street. Quite literally something for everyone in there.

Don't think you can do much there other than shop and go to "that" crossing. However, as you're obviously of a cricketing bent you'll be handy for the Lords museum and the canal to go east to Camden or west to Little Venice

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm staying in West London/Hounslow/Brentford area for the next week for work. Going to go to the Brentford game tomorrow night, any suggestions for the rest of the time?

Your work have put you up in Hounslow and Brentford? My suggestion would be to get a new job mate.

I'm staying in West London/Hounslow/Brentford area for the next week for work. Going to go to the Brentford game tomorrow night, any suggestions for the rest of the time?

Rip the heid aff it.

Archived