• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A wee cover is always welcome for when the wind blaws and the rain sheets in!

Easthouses Lily were in the Juniors from 1950-51 to 1964-65. Then there was Easthouses and Mayfield United who came along a couple of seasons later but only lasted three seasons.

If we’re going to re-create history, when are Loanhead Mayflower making a comeback?

The ground at Newbattle complex has pitch perimeter fence also new changing rooms have been completed and are situated behind one of the goals.
There is also a large perimeter fence to enclose the ground, floodlights were installed just over a year ago. Plans are in place for a covered enclosure however at the moment there is a grass banking down one side of the pitch were most spectators watch the games.

A wee cover is always welcome for when the wind blaws and the rain sheets in!

Easthouses Lily were in the Juniors from 1950-51 to 1964-65. Then there was Easthouses and Mayfield United who came along a couple of seasons later but only lasted three seasons.

If we’re going to re-create history, when are Loanhead Mayflower making a comeback?

At the moment there is nothing resembling a stadium in loanhead. Mayflowers old ground is in an open public park

At the moment there is nothing resembling a stadium in loanhead. Mayflowers old ground is in an open public park

being a Loanhead man myself a would love to see a junior team reformed,potential junior ground if funds were available,penicuik built there ground a few years back why can't loanhead?am sure there would be a lot of backing from the locals if this was to happen.

being a Loanhead man myself a would love to see a junior team reformed,potential junior ground if funds were available,penicuik built there ground a few years back why can't loanhead?am sure there would be a lot of backing from the locals if this was to happen.

I know that the loanhead miners yfc are trying to get funding for a 3g up at burghlee so that would probably be the best chance of getting something up to junior standards.

I know that the loanhead miners yfc are trying to get funding for a 3g up at burghlee so that would probably be the best chance of getting something up to junior standards.

if the funds were there tho a think the tin pan which is situated behind the burghlee would make a cracking junior park

I was at a midweek amateur game in loanhead a couple of months ago. Loanhead had a bigger crowd than any eos or South league team I can think of.

I'd imagine a senior team would get good backing

I think they got knocked back/put off from EoS a few years back as whitehill weren't keen on them getting in.

I'd imagine they'd get reasonable backing too

More than a few years back, it's 21 years to be precise: Loanhead and Telman Star were both unsuccessful applicants to join EOS league in 1993 and 1994.

would be good if the miners welfare club could put funds towards this to ever happen or even a money man to make this happen,would defo be a buzz about Loanhead.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree Kenneth, a town with excellent footballing pedigree and cracking youth set up without doubt would be good addition to Junior or EOS. Fan base without doubt and choice of pitches temporary measure surely they could set up and rope off the pitch next to the centre similar to what Tranent have done even better if the centre gets an overhaul there could be an opportunity to integrate a new facility there.

Would be great to see, maybe to would come back and play for your local side along with a host of good players plying their trade elsewhere.

Archived