Alistair Darling

DAFC

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind Alastair Darling. To be honest, heading the No campaign is difficult.

You are essentially selling an accepted level of standard of life, with a group who promise milk and honey and that everyfink will be better, if you just trust us.

It's not an easy job.

It's actually based on my opinion.

well, it is your opinion, so what is your opinion based on?

Tbh this whole thread reminds me of something you;d see in the old firm forum, with a Celtic fan satrting soemthing to call Barry Ferguson shite or something.

but then again, this whole sub-forum has pretty effectively replaced the old firm forum. Swap currency and the EU for administration and EU human rights legilstaion and we're pretty much there

well, it is your opinion, so what is your opinion based on?

Tbh this whole thread reminds me of something you;d see in the old firm forum, with a Celtic fan satrting soemthing to call Barry Ferguson shite or something.

but then again, this whole sub-forum has pretty effectively replaced the old firm forum. Swap currency and the EU for administration and EU human rights legilstaion and we're pretty much there

It's really not difficult to provide support for my opinion. Try this one :

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/scottish-independence-darling-comatose-say-tories-1-3219705

It's really not difficult to provide support for my opinion. Try this one :

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/scottish-independence-darling-comatose-say-tories-1-3219705

That very article has rebuttals from Downing Street calling the claims "completely untrue" and "100% not the case" I remember the blogosphere got all excited about it, assuming it was tories trying to damge Darling ahead of a possible return to the Labour front bench.

interetsing though, that the support from your opinion is coming from un-named tory sources :lol:

Seriously now, in what way has AD been "highly valued" by the Yes camp?

I don't mind Alastair Darling. To be honest, heading the No campaign is difficult.

You are essentially selling an accepted level of standard of life, with a group who promise milk and honey and that everyfink will be better, if you just trust us.

It's not an easy job.

It isn't an easy job, but then his immediate qualifications for the job seemed to be : member of Labour, at a loose end (i.e. not Alexander or Murphy) and not Gordon Brown.

But not trustworthy enough to deliver the so called coup de grace /torpedo etc etc etc

Why wasnt the head of the bitters allowed to deliver the (supposed) biggest news from the no campaign?? :lol:

What?

It isn't an easy job, but then his immediate qualifications for the job seemed to be : member of Labour, at a loose end (i.e. not Alexander or Murphy) and not Gordon Brown.

actually, I'm pretty sure Darling has always made clear he would lead any campiagn - i think he said as much as soon as the SNP won a majority.

and I've never understood the "not Gordon Brown" schtick either. Scotland voted en masse for a Brown Government in 2010, I think any undecideds he would turn off would have been voting Yes anyway, or were tories who'll vote No anyway.

But not trustworthy enough to deliver the so called coup de grace /torpedo etc etc etc

Why wasnt the head of the bitters allowed to deliver the (supposed) biggest news from the no campaign?? :lol:

it is incredibly obvious why he didn't.

and I've never understood the "not Gordon Brown" schtick either. Scotland voted en masse for a Brown Government in 2010, I think any undecideds he would turn off would have been voting Yes anyway, or were tories who'll vote No anyway.

Scotland did vote en masse for Brown partly because he hoovered up plenty of 'voting Labour is the only way to keep the tories out' votes.

Archived