Should FIFA take the World Cup out of Qatar?

stumigoo

To me, that in itself suggests that "corruption" was uncovered.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear Emirates and possibly Sony are now looking to end their partnership with FIFA? Problem is that it won't make any difference as Qatar Airlines will step in, as will Samsung. And if Adidas quit then Nike will probably sign up.

Fans want Australia in June-July

As a fan, based in Australia, I can confirm this is 100% correct.

I read today there is a rumour Blatter had told the Norwegian FA that Qatar will definitely lose 2022 because their leaders are supporting IS (or ISIS or ISIL or whatever they are called now). I'll try to post the link later when I'm not on my phone.

As a fan, based in Australia, I can confirm this is 100% correct.

I read today there is a rumour Blatter had told the Norwegian FA that Qatar will definitely lose 2022 because their leaders are supporting IS (or ISIS or ISIL or whatever they are called now). I'll try to post the link later when I'm not on my phone.

Here is the link and hope it happens http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/qatar-world-cup-2022-fifa-president-sepp-blatter-allegedly-concerned-over-sheikhs-support-of-is/story-fndkzvnd-1227120206000

Blatter's quote...

The newspaper cited a source who also claimed Blatter referred to Qatar’s rulers as “arrogant” and said that “they think they’re allowed to do anything with their money”.

Right you are Sepp - it's fair to say that this kind of attitude will not be too unfamiliar to you.

Would it not be played during Australia's winter as well if it was in June and July? What sort of weather would it be?

Yes June/July is our Winter. Weather wise, it obviously depends if you are in Perth, Brisbane or Melbourne but from a Sydney perspective you would be looking at temps in teens (usually high teens), mainly sunny but with occasional rain. basically perfect conditions for players and spectators.

Sydney weather

Putting it in an Arab country was a ridiculously stupid idea from day one. If they really wanted to try out that part of the world they should have encouraged Turkey to apply, at least they are a bit more Western and forward.

Australia is a no brainer for me. English speaking, perfect climate in the traditional June/July slot and all the infrastructure is already there

Blatter's quote...

The newspaper cited a source who also claimed Blatter referred to Qatar’s rulers as “arrogant” and said that “they think they’re allowed to do anything with their money”.

Right you are Sepp - it's fair to say that this kind of attitude will not be too unfamiliar to you.

shooting-stars-handbags-ooooh-o_zpsa83da

Australia is a no brainer for me. English speaking, perfect climate in the traditional June/July slot and all the infrastructure is already there

Yes, all this but as welshbairn points out the major problem would be the time difference. I doubt welshbairn's pub attendance will feature highly in any FIFA report. It's more likely to highlight the affect it might have on the European/American tv.

Yes, all this but as welshbairn points out the major problem would be the time difference. I doubt welshbairn's pub attendance will feature highly in any FIFA report. It's more likely to highlight the affect it might have on the European/American tv.

Time zones not much different from Japan/Korea WC.

If Australia were to be given it in 2022 where would the likely matches he played?

Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Newcastle, Canberra are all I can think off of the top of my head.

If Australia were to be given it in 2022 where would the likely matches he played?

Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Newcastle, Canberra are all I can think off of the top of my head.

Eh Sydney! Melbourne! Do you need more host cities than that?

Putting it in an Arab country was a ridiculously stupid idea from day one. If they really wanted to try out that part of the world they should have encouraged Turkey to apply, at least they are a bit more Western and forward.

You and "no brain" just seem to go together.

Archived