Inside No.9

2 hours ago, Fide said:

Another emotional one tonight?

From here: https://thevelvetonion.com/2017/12/28/preview-inside-no-9-series-4/

"Rather like series 3’s ‘Diddle Diddle Dumpling’, series 4’s fourth episode ‘To Have and To Hold’ shows us that horror can lurk in the most normal of places… the home. Harriet (Nicola Walker) is dissatisfied with her marriage to Adrian (Steve Pemberton), a wedding photographer who spends more time in his darkroom than he does with his wife. She’s keen to renew their vows and spice things up, but he’s completely unresponsive and she just can’t figure out why.Without revealing too much here, it emerges that under the surface of the couple’s marital problems is something much deeper and darker. At a turning point in the story, ‘To Have and To Hold’ goes from one of Inside No. 9‘s most seemingly ‘normal’ episodes to one of its most chilling in the space of just a few seconds. Steve Pemberton delivers a brilliantly unsettling performance, and when the credits roll I guarantee you’ll be feeling shaken."

Don’t know how I feel about that episode. There was definitely less humour than usual (the first half could have been played for big laughs and packed with gags, but wasn’t). The second half - implausible (although similar things have happened in real life, I don’t think that they could have gone as far as they did without *ahem’s* suspicion or knowledge) but absolutely horrifying. The main character was really terrifying without a hint of black humour. His “shit” as he thundered down the stairs was chilling.

I suspect next week will be a gag-fest to lighten things after that.

Happy coincidence, but flicking through the channels after tonight's episode I've come across a film called "The Cottage" on the Horror Channel starring Reece Shearsmith and Andy Serkis, it's very LoG and Inside No.9 like and if you go into it with that attitude it's actually very worth the watching but crying out for Steve Pemberton to be in it!!!
You'll probably get it on Catch-up!!!

Happy coincidence, but flicking through the channels after tonight's episode I've come across a film called "The Cottage" on the Horror Channel starring Reece Shearsmith and Andy Serkis, it's very LoG and Inside No.9 like and if you go into it with that attitude it's actually very worth the watching but crying out for Steve Pemberton to be in it!!!
You'll probably get it on Catch-up!!!
Cheers for that[emoji106]
Watched last two No 9 tonight. Last week's was great but not that impressed with tonight's.

Have absolutely loved watching these.

Without Tempting Fate before tonight’s finale my favourite episodes have been :

5) Zanzibar

4) To Have and to Hold

3) La Couchette

2) Nana’s Party

1) Riddle of the Sphinx

Think the most recent one “And the Winner is” was the weakest one so far, I also never cared much for Empty Orchestra, The Devil of Christmas or the Trial of Elizabeth Gadge. I think the Harrowing was quite good but pretty disturbing. One I really didn’t like was the one with Sheridan Smith, which seems to be the highest rated one of all when I read the reviews. It made me feel rather uncomfortable and I really didn’t enjoy it one bit, strange how it was a similar story to Tom and Gerri which was a far better episode IMO.