Inside No.9

I thought the final episode was pretty good, though nothing special. I also thought the end let it down, similar to the Christmas one in that there are too many "Wait a minute, what about...?" aspects to the resolution.

On the positive side, it had perhaps the best use of Peter Kay in a long, long time.

Great episode, great lines (Siri does not know how to use a stiletto as a weapon), terrible ending.

The thing was, the ending could have been good if it was earned. Instead it just seemed a deus ex machina, which took place off camera.

Missed a trick in suggesting that the heart caused Maurice to become a "heartless" critic, and that it also gave him the ruthlessness to overpower his captor (instead of just letting this magically happen offscreen for the sake of a twist).

Maybe the point was to have us all go all Annie Wilkes during her rant about miraculous escapes. HE DIDN'T GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE CAR!

Edited by Antlion

One of my favourite programmes, this, and delighted to see my favourite episode, The 12 Days of Christine, with Sheridan Smith is on BBC2 at 10pm tomorrow.

One of the finest half hours of tv ever made.  My Mrs was a wreck after it.

If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favour and get it watched.

Edited by Fide

One of my favourite programmes, this, and delighted to see my favourite episode, The 12 Days of Christine, with Sheridan Smith is on BBC2 at 10pm tomorrow.
One of the finest half hours of tv ever made.  My Mrs was a wreck after it.
If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favour and get it watched.

I feel the same about it. Showed it to my in laws when they were here last year and the didn't like it at all. They had a really strong negative reaction to it.

3 minutes ago, happysouth said:

I feel the same about it. Showed it to my in laws when they were here last year and the didn't like it at all. They had a really strong negative reaction to it.

It definitely stirs the emotions.  I showed it to my mum and she loved it.

13 hours ago, Christophe said:

Not sure what the BBC plans are for this slot are but another repeat being screened next Tuesday. Cold Comfort, the CCTV one from series 2. Long may they continue!

I've heard that they have another 3 episodes (repeats) to show including Cold Comfort and I presume the other 2 will be ones that got the best feedback, Quiet Night In definitely and maybe Tom & Gerri or Sardines.