Inside No.9

On 11/02/2020 at 11:48, jimmy boo said:
On 11/02/2020 at 00:58, Bully Wee Villa said:
That was great. Didn't notice Papa Lazarou, when was that?

His face was on the lampshade between the beds.

On 11/02/2020 at 12:00, King Kebab said:

Saw that, but I think it was supposed to be Maureen’s “Tina Turner” face!!! 

We were both wrong it’s actually David’s Lector Lamp!!!

This week’s episode didn’t do it for me. It was a good showcase for the acting chops of all involved (except the Corrie woman, who just played the same as she did in Corrie back in the day), but it was a bit dry and preachy. I can see why they’d want to put a “serious” and dramatic episode out after the balls-out insanity (and utter hilarity and shock) of last week’s surprise crossover, but I don’t really watch the show for gritty slice-of-life drama, however well done.

Still, it’s pretty amazing the range these guys have in terms of writing (high comedy, black comedy, slapstick, serious drama, horror, mystery) and acting - and I guess the show’s format lends itself to them displaying that range of talent.

Edited by Antlion

• 2 weeks later...
I was a bit concerned towards the end of last night's episode that I had no idea what was happening. It all came together brilliantly though. I'm gutted that there's only one more to go in this series.
I've still no idea what it was about so I'd say my least favourite.

• 1 year later...

Has the new series been released anywhere yet? I seen a trailer on Twitter but it didn’t mention a date, and a Google search only reveals that it will be ‘airing in Spring 2021’. I vaguely remember seeing something that said the full season was going to be released at the one time instead of weekly episodes. I assume it’s going to be the iPlayer that it’s shown on if that’s the case, and it will be getting watched in one night the minute it’s released in this house. 

• 2 weeks later...