Sign in to follow this  
Zen Archer Esq.

Inside No.9

This is a six part series with leanings towards Tales of the Unexpected and comes from Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton.

The first episode was clever with the inevitable twist at the end, last night's episode borrowed heavily from the Whitehall Farces and didn't disappoint.

Did anyone watch these?

I could have sworn there was already a thread on this.

I thought the first one was great, the second one quite good. I'll certainly watch them all.

It's on BBC2, 10pm Wednesdays. It's more Psychoville than League of Gentleman but entirely stand alone stories. Dark humour is there as per usual. Some of it very dark, as per usual.

Loving this one and all their previous stuff too. Just watched second episode on iPlayer (downloaded...works perfect). Totally unrelated to first episode and a work of comedy genius.

Enjoyable as I found it, I'm undecided as to how good that was. Although I thought I had the outcome sussed after about 5 minutes but was well off the mark.

I watched the first 3 episodes last night with the Mrs. The genius of Pemberton and Shearsmith never ceases to amaze me. All 3 episodes were great.

Also, whoever cast Gemma Arterton in episode 3? Yum.

Definitely the weakest so far. Good thing is that the premise of the next one sounds good and they'll surely have left one of the best for the last episode after that.

The last episode didn't disappoint, but judge for yourself.

Agree, thought it was pretty scary and very dark. Excellent run of episodes.

Brilliant final episode, really creepy. I especially liked the use of the line, "The goat of Mendes, the Devil himself" - a nod to The Devil Rides Out.

Agree, thought it was pretty scary and very dark. Excellent run of episodes.

Just watched the last one...and agree...I have had nightmares quite similar and might have more now.Not many laughs though which is why the silent episode 2 was my favourite... and like both writers appearing together.

A couple of weak ones but overall outstanding.

Trying to watch Quiet Night In again but BBC iplayer is utter shite and having to download it...grrrr

Edited by jimmy boo

I thought it was alright. Not even close to the strong opener of Sardines the last time, but the rest of the first series struggled to live up to that, so it was maybe a good idea not to begin with one of the best.

A radio reviewer said the second episode was almost entirely serious with little humour, which should make it interesting.

Great first episode IMO. The fat Aussie bird is in Fortitude.

Edited by jimmy boo