Site very Slow at times

Romeo

Question

18 answers to this question

Are you using desktop or laptop or mobile or tablet ?

Do you notice it slow at particular times of the day ?

At the time P&B is running painfully slow are all other sites running fine for you ?

Anyone else experiencing this ?

As far as the server hosting goes I don't think it's ever been in better shape, all the monitors I have tell me the site is running perfectly well.

Have just turned off Hola (chrome extension) this seems to have been the problem even though it was just running in the background and not being used to "unblock" anything.

I should have tried this earlier..this makes me scum, sub-human scum..I do apologise.

Ta much

We still run a backup at about 3am but it now only takes about 10 mins to run. Site might be a bit slower around then but it shouldn't stop.

Very pleased to hear from happy posters though, makes all the effort and the tears and snot in getting through all the problems worthwhile !

Aye, you should send Keith on holiday more often.

Yes sorry about that. The backup job runs at 3am but for some unknown reason the server it runs on reset it's time to EST during a system update last week.

So the 3am GMT job was actually running at 7am as a result of this.

I have now fixed so the 10 mins backup window will now be back to 3am again :P

thank you

Every morning at 7am, for roughly 10 minutes - scheduled maintenance task?

if so, could it not be scheduled for something like 4am, when less people (or just plain me :P ) would be less impacted?

I mean , I've just had to converse with my kids for 10 minutes, FFS.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Yes sorry about that. The backup job runs at 3am but for some unknown reason the server it runs on reset it's time to EST during a system update last week.

So the 3am GMT job was actually running at 7am as a result of this.

I have now fixed so the 10 mins backup window will now be back to 3am again :P

We still run a backup at about 3am but it now only takes about 10 mins to run. Site might be a bit slower around then but it shouldn't stop.

Very pleased to hear from happy posters though, makes all the effort and the tears and snot in getting through all the problems worthwhile !

Are you using desktop or laptop or mobile or tablet ?

Do you notice it slow at particular times of the day ?

At the time P&B is running painfully slow are all other sites running fine for you ?

Anyone else experiencing this ?

As far as the server hosting goes I don't think it's ever been in better shape, all the monitors I have tell me the site is running perfectly well.

Archived