Marshall or McGregor

Slim Charles

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Irony at its best. Dont you think the young keepers at every club are being 'trained up' with the aim of improving them as professionals??? Its you that comes yer yfronts about English league 2 substitutes. And i have to laugh....his first game was the friendly in Austria ya diddy, a full year before the Norn Iron match. Priceless.

Naw that is totall B.S am always talking up young Scottish footballers up here.So were are all these young keepers,even in the league below they are not even on loan.And that tells you all you need to know about the lack of them around at the moment.Its a problem area and nothing has cahnged there.Made a thread up about it months ago.Well it was his first match at Hampden then a home debut.Nobody wants to play in goals any more it seems.Kids want to play as strikers and midfield winger types.We seem to be losing defenders to,were once we had dozens at a time all fighting for the same shirt.Guys winning European honers could not even get involved with Scotland,as we had so many options about.And yes a lot play in Scotland for the new firm.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever. Belgium pot 2.

Why do you keep saying this,what is your problem?Big deal they should be in pot one,when pish like Bosnia and Greece are there.Just hope that we avoid them,they will pump us again no doubt easily.Much better team than Croatia were,even what they have on there bench could get a game for them.Would like them in the English group,can see them like the French being good enough to take them.France will be top seeds with England though.Why do you go on as if you have never got something wrong?When clearly you talk crap all the time in here?Doubt your even Scottish half the time.

Big lolz. I keep mentioning it to annoy you. Thanks for confirming it does. Fwiw they shouldnt.....the seedings sre worked out, and having done the maths myself i knew they'd not be top seeds. The others who are deserve it more. Much more. You shouldnt be so insistent with things when you dont have a fucking clue what day it is, let alone the subject matter. I tried to tell you but you just kept at it, Eric the Red, so fuckin roon' ye. Even in this thread you've been wrong already. Now f**k off and give the people their forum back you troll.

Big lolz. I keep mentioning it to annoy you. Thanks for confirming it does. Fwiw they shouldnt.....the seedings sre worked out, and having done the maths myself i knew they'd not be top seeds. The others who are deserve it more. Much more. You shouldnt be so insistent with things when you dont have a fucking clue what day it is, let alone the subject matter. I tried to tell you but you just kept at it, Eric the Red, so fuckin roon' ye. Even in this thread you've been wrong already. Now f**k off and give the people their forum back you troll.

Troll naw that is clearly what you are,coming out with something that happened months ago and seething on it.

Like your always right about everything,the same person that proudly claimed that he has stopped watching Scotland games

Now I am not perfect far from it,but one things for sure my nation matters to me and always will

No matter how auld and bitter that I become,will never end up like you

SOAR ALBA GU BRATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What does any decision i make have to do with you??? Do you idiots own the monopoly on patriotism as well as stupidity??? No matter how auld, bitter, delusional or nationalistic YOU get, i'll always have been to more Scotland games than you'll ever accomplish, by the way you go on about 'wee Anya v Croatia, i was there i was there!!!' and your nonensical rantings, i'd say you've either only just picked football up as a hobby, or you're in mourning at the state of your once glory-laden former club and act like a spoilt two year old when anyone who actually went to a game corrects you. Run along, Drykipedia!!!

On current form, Marshall deserves to be given a chance as Scotland keeper. The stat from last week's Match of the Day showed that he has made more saves than any other Premiership keeper this season, which might be a meaningless statement given that Cardiff are shit, but he has been very good almost every time I have seen any Cardiff highlights or games this season.

Each to their own and all that, and given they are our only two contenders (which doesnt make them good on its own imho) then its likely Marshall will most likely get his chance to dislodge McGregor, as opposed to this deluge of requests for him to play. This isn't a starry eyed 20 year old we're talking about here. He has had plenty of chances to stake his claim, and fair or not so, he has never once threatened to.do so for Scotland. People seem to attribute players' clubs as a standing point on how good they are.....i'd rather look at achievements within the set-up itself, at which McGregor is alright i suppose. But he's nothing special, just better than Marshall.

Each to their own and all that, and given they are our only two contenders (which doesnt make them good on its own imho) then its likely Marshall will most likely get his chance to dislodge McGregor, as opposed to this deluge of requests for him to play. This isn't a starry eyed 20 year old we're talking about here. He has had plenty of chances to stake his claim, and fair or not so, he has never once threatened to.do so for Scotland. People seem to attribute players' clubs as a standing point on how good they are.....i'd rather look at achievements within the set-up itself, at which McGregor is alright i suppose. But he's nothing special, just better than Marshall.

I agree with what you're saying in the fact people go by clubs reputation rather than the players ability. However I think you're underestimating how good a keeper both are. I like both, who I think are at the top (in McGregors case) and coming close to being at the top (in Marshall case) of their game. Both are not as good a quality kepper as Gordon was, however I feel we have two really decent keepers.

What does any decision i make have to do with you??? Do you idiots own the monopoly on patriotism as well as stupidity??? No matter how auld, bitter, delusional or nationalistic YOU get, i'll always have been to more Scotland games than you'll ever accomplish, by the way you go on about 'wee Anya v Croatia, i was there i was there!!!' and your nonensical rantings, i'd say you've either only just picked football up as a hobby, or you're in mourning at the state of your once glory-laden former club and act like a spoilt two year old when anyone who actually went to a game corrects you. Run along, Drykipedia!!!

Been into football since I was a kid picked up the bug at the auld Petershill park when I was about 7.Who you talking about Petershill or Ayr United?Ayr have never been a winning club you spanner.How do you know how many games that I have been to numpty?Also think you will find that I am a internationalist not a nationalist part of the reason that I believe in a international country,and our rights one day to take our place up in the international community as a real nation

Its not a opinion its a fact,also Marshall has lost four goals against pish such as Hungary and Wales for us.

Pretty sure Sweden humped us to bye that margin when Marshall was in goals for us

So when has Marshall saved a penelty for Scotland?

I was there when McGregor saved the top British goal scorer David Healy penalty for Northern Ireland

And that is not a opinion its a stated fact,50 50 my back side the shaggers number one for a reason you know

Marshall saved a Ronaldinho penalty. Is that better or worse than a save from a David Healy pen?

Marshall saved a Ronaldinho penalty. Is that better or worse than a save from a David Healy pen?

Shagger done it for Scotland so of coarse it was better what a stupid question,take it that was a test?Nobody has accused me of being a Tim yet waiting for it on they political pages.In here they say am a Billy

Shagger done it for Scotland so of coarse it was better what a stupid question,take it that was a test?Nobody has accused me of being a Tim yet waiting for it on they political pages.In here they say am a Billy

You're funny.

I'm sure I'd be far more chuffed at saving a Ronaldinho penalty than a Healy penalty or am I on my own here?! Also penalty saves wouldn't really be any better just because you are playing an international game, they are both one v one instances!!

I'm sure I'd be far more chuffed at saving a Ronaldinho penalty than a Healy penalty or am I on my own here?! Also penalty saves wouldn't really be any better just because you are playing an international game, they are both one v one instances!!

I'm sure I'd be far more chuffed at saving a Ronaldinho penalty than a Healy penalty or am I on my own here?! Also penalty saves wouldn't really be any better just because you are playing an international game, they are both one v

Brazil were not playing Scotland it was Celtic.I have no idea what playing for Celtic meant to him.Or what playing for Scotland means to him.Would like to think that playing for Scotland meant more to him like it should do to every player.Unless they have been dragged up there wrong way in the west of Scotland.

Brazil were not playing Scotland it was Celtic.I have no idea what playing for Celtic meant to him.Or what playing for Scotland means to him.Would like to think that playing for Scotland meant more to him like it should do to every player.Unless they have been dragged up there wrong way in the west of Scotland.

I didn't mention Brazil.

It was a Celtic game its irelivent,this page is about Scotland and who should be in the sticks.Shagger saved the Healy penalty for Scotland.

Fair enough but all I said was that I'd be more impressed at saving a Ronaldinho penalty than a David Healy penalty considering Ronaldinho is/was a far superior player. Back on topic, I would still rather have Marshall in goals over McGregor anyway.

Archived